No announcement yet.

Dexon Alexander sparring footage from this week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heru View Post

Definitely more entertaining than most of his fights...

Seeing Devon pressing, comfortable (because he often looks uncomfortable), and throwing fluid combinations makes you wonder why he doesn't employ it in his fights. He'd be more entertaining and a lot tougher to beat as well.

In 2 separate fights I've seen of Porter, he struggle against southpaws, but still got a wide decision. He hasn't fought a lefty since. Alexander is going to UD him in one of his most entertaining fights...
    Alexander was good in his last fight but hurt his hand. He got the stoppage too. I was there lol you could hear his grunting from a mile away.
    I think he will only improve and become more entertaining from here, unless he loses this fight of course

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Quit against Bradley.
      This.

But Devon looks pretty good there, fast hands, good combinations.

Comment

His hands are really fast. I would rather see him and mayweather fight than Khan, not SHO PPV of course.

Comment

Devon who?

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post

Definitely more entertaining than most of his fights...

Seeing Devon pressing, comfortable (because he often looks uncomfortable), and throwing fluid combinations makes you wonder why he doesn't employ it in his fights. He'd be more entertaining and a lot tougher to beat as well.

In 2 separate fights I've seen of Porter, he struggle against southpaws, but still got a wide decision. He hasn't fought a lefty since. Alexander is going to UD him in one of his most entertaining fights...
            It's easier to do stuff training than it is when the lights are on and there's an actual fight to lose. Devon can't do those things because he isn't that good. His best bet is running and grunting. Even that Purdy guy he beat, he didn't look that good opening up on a punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It's easier to do stuff training than it is when the lights are on and there's an actual fight to lose. Devon can't do those things because he isn't that good. His best bet is running and grunting. Even that Purdy guy he beat, he didn't look that good opening up on a punching bag.
              think it's more the class of opponent, most of these guys dont spar world beaters

plus with headgear you'll care less about landed punches, putting aside it taking away your peripheral

Comment

Alexander will never get rid of that stiffness, that's whats killing both his punching power and steam going into the late rounds. I'm picking him to beat Porter but it's a very winnable fight for Porter as well.

Comment

All I see is the same 4 shots

Comment

Still pushes his punches a lot. Alexander would still be a difficult fight for most but he's very beatable. That said he would have likely stopped Brook, I know Devon ain't that big a puncher but Brook acts real funny when he gets hit with a solid shot.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
                      All I see is the same 4 shots
                      He literally throws every punch you can

Comment

Working...
                      X