No announcement yet.

PBC Fights being sold in 108 countries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC Fights being sold in 108 countries

I was listening to Richard Schaefer bash DAZN (BOOOH) and he mentioned something I wasn't aware of he said that PBC fights were being sold in 108 countries around the world. WAS HE TALKING OUT OF HIS NECK OR IS THEIR SOMETHING WE ARE MISSING

Yeah they were being sold but no-one was buying

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
      Yeah they were being sold but no-one was buying
      Bias aside its important to know whats going on in the sport in order for it to grow and monitor its progress. Top rank, matchroom, golden boy, are promotion companies so when they do something awesome they let everyone know. PBC hasn't operated by those rules and there for as fans of the sport its important to try to be fair to them just like we would the promotional companies above.

Comment

could be I remeber UFC dana white clowning PBC etc saying they dont know anything about making money cause they were leaving so much money on the table in terms of buys from abroad etc with the Maywe4ather vs McGregor fight. So maybe PBC learned, be dumb not too.

Comment

Most probably those fights were already sold on those countries now they only put a name to it. Thats all

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
            Bias aside its important to know whats going on in the sport in order for it to grow and monitor its progress. Top rank, matchroom, golden boy, are promotion companies so when they do something awesome they let everyone know. PBC hasn't operated by those rules and there for as fans of the sport its important to try to be fair to them just like we would the promotional companies above.
            There are no such rules. Only thing the fans need to know is when the best fights are being made. TopRank is the most corrupt organization if we’re going by history. They didn’t let the fans know they were Paying off sanctioning bodies and bringing fixed scales to weigh ins
            Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 06-01-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              could be I remeber UFC dana white clowning PBC etc saying they dont know anything about making money cause they were leaving so much money on the table in terms of buys from abroad etc with the Maywe4ather vs McGregor fight. So maybe PBC learned, be dumb not too.
              I got my quote from Richard schaefers interview with Ellie sechback. I don't recall dana white saying anything like that. But if its true wow they might want to tighten that end up lol

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                There are no such rules. Only thing the fans need to now is when the best fights are being made. TopRank is the most corrupt organization if we’re going by history. They didn’t let the fans know they were Paying off sanctioning bodies and bringing fixed scales to weigh ins
                My point is that Haymons MO is the same as when he was in the music business. Keep himself low key and his business practices maximized financially yet bland in style and mystique. Where as other promoters do things like actually promote and gain as much attention as possible for their event.

Im not saying haymon is bad at what hes doing im simply saying he operates by getting all the numbers as high and consistant as possible before adding any extra flare

Comment

I got my quote from Richard schaefers interview with Ellie sechback. I don't recall dana white saying anything like that. But if its true wow they might want to tighten that end up lol
                  I know where you got youre quote from I was just bringing up a complaint Dana White had voiced during the McGregor/Mayweather buildup.

Comment

My point is that Haymons MO is the same as when he was in the music business. Keep himself low key and his business practices maximized financially yet bland in style and mystique. Where as other promoters do things like actually promote and gain as much attention as possible for their event.

Im not saying haymon is bad at what hes doing im simply saying he operates by getting all the numbers as high and consistant as possible before adding any extra flare
                    Well that’s what they’re supposed to do. Haymon didn’t get in boxing to be a loudmouth promoter like Hearn who never lets his fighters talk. His music ventures were highly successful. I don’t get what you’re trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                    X