Dazn making boxing announcement tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Again with the old EDdie said

A couple weeks ago when Eddie presented his initial offer he said the fight would be lucky to do 40 mil gross because he went over the numbers , which if I remember correctly you agreed with now all of a sudden AJ will get lost 40 + , especially if it’s on DAZN AND not American PPV

Sure buds keep drinking the kool-aid laced
    When it wasn't PPV yes, but since Espinoza has come out and said it deserves to be on PPV on Showtime even if it's in the U.S.

DAZN won't win that fight.

I don't know what it is with you Wilder fanboys, but you have an incredible small man syndrome towards AJ. What are you insecure about?

Finkel, Wilder, Espinoza, Hearn and Joshua are all saying positive things - yet you Wilder fanboys keep thinking Hearn is just lying.

It's so embarrassing to read.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      When it wasn't PPV yes, but since Espinoza has come out and said it deserves to be on PPV on Showtime even if it's in the U.S.

DAZN won't win that fight.

I don't know what it is with you Wilder fanboys, but you have an incredible small man syndrome towards AJ. What are you insecure about?

Finkel, Wilder, Espinoza, Hearn and Joshua are all saying positive things - yet you Wilder fanboys keep thinking Hearn is just lying.

It's so embarrassing to read.
      What are you talking about , insecure about what

Yeah I’m the fanboy , I’m on record giving AJ props . Your on record parroting whatever Hearn says and just runs with his lies

Can’t even take the L and admit when Hearn said the fight was worth 40 mil and that’s why a offer of 12.5 to Wilder was fair you were on board with what Eddie said ( big f.ucking suprise ) now Hearn says AJ will only earn slightly less and guess what you nod you or head like a minion.

Is Hearn going to give AJ a couple mil from the double dipping of stubhub tickets that doesn’t go or get accounted for towards the fighters purse and straight to his pocket probably not. So sad A adult who’s a promoter groupie and hangs off his every word . But but Eddie said .... so it must be true

If the fight gets announced next and your so confident I’ll bet however much you want It lands on DAZN not showtime ? Hearn isn’t going to let his new streaming service lose out on this fight and what the financial upside for AJ ?

Even if on showtime How much will a early afternoon PPV do in the States ? Probably not much a lot less then the 500k people in the business mentioned if held in the States

AJs taking short $ to help his boss make millions

Comment

DAZN is gonna fail so bad. See Espn+.

Wilder and Joshua aren't even known by casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
          If I were advising AJ I'd have told him to swerve that offer. Look at the bigger picture.
          Yeah man, its foolish to give up the A side rights. American judges and ref, PBC prepared to take a loss. Youre asking for trouble. Look at the Ryabinsky bid for Wilder/Povetkin, he werent making that money back. First chance they had got wilder the hell out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Yeah man, its foolish to give up the A side rights. American judges and ref, PBC prepared to take a loss. Youre asking for trouble. Look at the Ryabinsky bid for Wilder/Povetkin, he werent making that money back. First chance they had got wilder the hell out of there.
            Jesus it’s so sad reading AJ super fans comments

Ask yourself What PBC events have had questionable refs and judging in the past couple years ?

Now ask yourself how many fights in the UK are obvious hometown cooking fights ?

It’s not even comparable , you can go on for days about fights in the UK where the fighter travelling didn’t get a fair shake from the refs or judges

I get it AJs the a-side and if he wants to fight at home for short $ he’s earned that right but don’t cry and lie about the refs and judges not being fair because compared to the UK that’s not the case

Wilder bounced from the Povetkin fight because he popped dirty. So now your for dirty fighters is that what your saying ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              Dazn making boxing announcement tomorrow
              Just watched a Eddie Hearn interview where he was primarily talking about wilder Joshua fight hopefully being made over next week.

But he also mentioned that dAZN are making a further boxing announcement, not related to matchroom, tomorrow.

Anyone know? World boxing Super series?

He also said he had signed "several fighters" by would be announced in July alongside first two fights. Interestingly he implied dazn are front runner for wilder Joshua fight in America also. Reading between the lines this maybe a big reason why it was so important matchroom controlled the fight
              ... Where did you watch Hearn's interview?...
              I only found this, so far:

https://www.***************.net/2018...in-deal-status

... and it doesn't read that "Dazn is making boxing announcement tomorrow"...

...anything else (which I didn't find)?...

(edit : https://www.w o r l d b o x i n g n e w s.net/2018/06/14/news/exclusive-eddie-hearn-on-joshua-v-wilder-contract-dates-new-venue-and-povetkin-deal-status

Comment

Yeah I’m the fanboy , I’m on record giving AJ props . Your on record parroting whatever Hearn says and just runs with his lies

Can’t even take the L and admit when Hearn said the fight was worth 40 mil and that’s why a offer of 12.5 to Wilder was fair you were on board with what Eddie said ( big f.ucking suprise ) now Hearn says AJ will only earn slightly less and guess what you nod you or head like a minion.

Is Hearn going to give AJ a couple mil from the double dipping of stubhub tickets that doesn’t go or get accounted for towards the fighters purse and straight to his pocket probably not. So sad A adult who’s a promoter groupie and hangs off his every word . But but Eddie said .... so it must be true

If the fight gets announced next and your so confident I’ll bet however much you want It lands on DAZN not showtime ? Hearn isn’t going to let his new streaming service lose out on this fight and what the financial upside for AJ ?

Even if on showtime How much will a early afternoon PPV do in the States ? Probably not much a lot less then the 500k people in the business mentioned if held in the States

Man you have a ridiculous small man syndrome.

You should see someone about that.

Comment

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I'm disappointed in Joshua. Seems he capitulates to every Hearn demand even if it doesn't benefit him.

I used to argue that Joshua would never fight on the DAZN, but now I think he'd be okay with significantly shrinking his audience and his purse. Anything for Eddie.

Comment

Jesus it’s so sad reading AJ super fans comments

Ask yourself What PBC events have had questionable refs and judging in the past couple years ?

Now ask yourself how many fights in the UK are obvious hometown cooking fights ?

It’s not even comparable , you can go on for days about fights in the UK where the fighter travelling didn’t get a fair shake from the refs or judges

I get it AJs the a-side and if he wants to fight at home for short $ he’s earned that right but don’t cry and lie about the refs and judges not being fair because compared to the UK that’s not the case

Wilder bounced from the Povetkin fight because he popped dirty. So now your for dirty fighters is that what your saying ?
                    Lacedup is never going to admit that AJ, Hearn and every British and/or AJ fan is scared to death Wilder might land one of those bombs and put AJ out, even though AJ is the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I'm disappointed in Joshua. Seems he capitulates to every Hearn demand even if it doesn't benefit him.

I used to argue that Joshua would never fight on the DAZN, but now I think he'd be okay with significantly shrinking his audience and his purse. Anything for Eddie.

Listen ******.

If AJ accepted Wilders offer, and the fight exceeds expectations then Wilder gets 50% of everything including home advantage, judges, ref, walkouts, timezone. That's potentially over $50m for Wilder. Joshua only gets equal money. That's a bull**** offer for the man holding 4 belts, 2 unifications and a win over an ATG who currently destroys Wilder in marketing terms.

Then if Wilder wins what the hell kinda cut do you think he wants from the rematch? On a 2 fight deal why the HELL do you think it's fair for the A SIDE to get the short straw?

Joshua IS playing the long game here. Fight on his terms and keep Wilder in his lane as the B side. Wilder wins in either deal because he's getting 8x his highest purse AT LEAST.

If Joshua wins then he goes to Vegas and gets a much bigger slice than Wilder is already offering. That's the long game.

Comment

Working...
                      X