Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy confesses to crime on TV right after he was released from police custody

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy confesses to crime on TV right after he was released from police custody

One man is dead and another is under arrest after a hit-and-run crash in Boston Wednesday afternoon.

Boston Police say a man in his 80s was crossing Commonwealth Avenue just before 1 p.m. Wednesday when a car hit him and continued driving. The man, who has not yet been identified, was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

"I just want to say one thing right.... accidents happen," said suspect Phocian Fitts.

Boston 25 News reporter Drew Karedes found the suspect, 23-year-old Phocian Fitts of Brighton, who confessed that he did leave the scene after hitting the man.

"I was listening to my music and as I was driving I was driving too quick… I was driving too quick to the point where I couldn’t really stop and it was a green light. As the guy was walking, the light was green, I’m driving and pressing the horn, pressing the horn beep beep, it was either I was going to die and crash into a pole. When it came down to it accidents happen," said Fitts.

Fitts was taken into custody minutes after our exclusive Boston 25 News interview with him aired at 10 p.m. Wednesday. He will appear in Brighton District Court for motor vehicle homicide and leaving the scene of an accident after causing death.

Damn. He was too articulate for his own good.

Comment

Comment

Hmm.......

Comment

Damn. He's going to pound you in the ass, get stabbed in the hallway prison.

Comment

What an African scholar. I bet all da homies are saying free my ***** right now . I wouldn't be surprised to see BLM burning down their hoods for this unfair treatment of the bruva . Maybe Crapperdick can meet with Trump and ask for a pardon for da bruva.

Comment

It's too bad they did not let him keep going. It would have went... "Look, it was either him or me, I chose him". Well why didn't you stop? "I told you why. I was listening to music and really getting into it and speeding, and he was really old and probably would have died of natural causes soon anyway. Plus the cops would have ran tests on me and ****..."

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                It's too bad they did not let him keep going. It would have went... "Look, it was either him or me, I chose him". Well why didn't you stop? "I told you why. I was listening to music and really getting into it and speeding, and he was really old and probably would have died of natural causes soon anyway. Plus the cops would have ran tests on me and ****..."
                They did let him keep going. I didn't post it. It's too cringey

Comment

''people hit n run all the time.''

am i wrong for ing ?!?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                  X