Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: Thurman Wants Rematch, Negotiations Have Begun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Look at the NBA; Golden State Warriors won the championship and they get to pick who they want to play against in the championship the following year and it happened to be the same team they beat the previous year." - Shawn Porter

Horrible analogy! The Warriors didn't "pick" the Cavaliers, the Cavs earned the right to face the Warriors because they won the Eastern Conference! That being said, make it happen! Thurman vs. Porter II. Let's Go!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Lol, Thurman is definitely taking a tune up before facing Porter. Maybe he could fight his tune up in like January or February and quickly turn around for a April or May showdown vs Porter?
      Your are talking about Thurman here, if he fights in Jan or Feb., he won't turn around and fight in April or May. Thurman is soft and probably get injured again in the fight and take another year off.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
        er where PAC fits in these match-ups...
        Oh sh^t I half ass forgot about Manny.

Manny is in there for sure. If things line up how they are looking ideally (the key word, cuz PBC is like herding cats with making fights) the second half of the year will have some sorta fight between Manny, the Spence vs Mikey winner & the Thurman vs Porter winner.

And I'd bet Danny vs one of the losers in the first part of the year seems like an okay bet. It seems like they usually keep Danny in a good fight during PBC's run thus far & while he's the odd man out at the moment I'd be surprised if they forgot about him in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          No, you don't understand. Shawn Porter has been ordered by the WBC's Mauricio Sulaiman to make at least two mandatory challenges before he can make a voluntary unification bout with Spence or with anybody else.

That is the WBC rules and protocol. Since Porter didn't win his title from the champion but through a vacant title attempt; He is not a liberty to pick and choose his opponents at the current time. The WBC has to do it for him until he completes his two mandatory title defenses starting with Keith Thurman.

Once he completes them, then he will be free to have anyone; Including a voluntary title and hopefully unification bout with Errol Spence, Jr.
          You must be new to boxing, unification trumps any mandatory fights. Porter could easily by pass his mandatory to unify with Spence. The Porter's are all talk, they will sit out and not fight anyone else of note, they only want to fight D. Garcia and Thurman.

Comment

Thurman's a idiot if he doesn't take a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
              I fkn knew it!! I said numerous times that porter would rematch thurman before he ever dared to face spence! He knows he has a chance vs thurman and no chance what so ever vs spence! All this means is that we will not be seeing bud vs spence until sometime in 2020 smfh!!!
              Exactly.
              Sick of Porter and Thurman hiding behind each other.
              Porter is pump faking acting like he REALLY wants to fight the best in the division. Cut that **** out.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Porter is a b1tch... Him and his daddy cried all last year about getting big fights yet sat out and chose not to fight Spence for a title because they only wanted to fight Garcia. Porter acted all tough in the ring with Spence, even to lead up to the fight saying they weren't' afraid to fight Spence next, yet since then they have been quite until now, only to bring up they will only fight Thurman and wait for that fight when Porter could have easily unified with Spence next.
                Do you consider Spence a biitch? He did the same thing when it came to Crawford! Birds of a feather, you know the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  You must be new to boxing, unification trumps any mandatory fights. Porter could easily by pass his mandatory to unify with Spence. The Porter's are all talk, they will sit out and not fight anyone else of note, they only want to fight D. Garcia and Thurman.
                  Ok then tell me who did Porter defeat for his WBC title and then ask me if the person, that he defeated was the champion at the time or was the title simply vacant at the time of his winning it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I might side with Porter if Thurman fights him coming off of a layoff. That seems like among the last guys you'd wanna fight coming off of a long layoff.

I'd still rather see Spence vs Porter doe of any makeable 147 fight next. Thurman probably does need a bs tuneup fight. Bud vs any PBC guy isn't happening. So for me right now Spence vs Porter seems like the fight to make.

I'd rather see Spence fight Porter over Mikey. Sh^t man make me the master of the PBC universe & I'd make Spence vs Porter, throw Thurman in some top 20 guy fight & have the Garcia's (Mikey & Danny) fight to legitimize Mikey at 147 or knock him down to a lesser level at 147 or stick to the lower weight guys. Take things from there for the rest of the year with the Spence vs Porter winner, Thurman & Mikey if he made himself relevant.
                    Spence vs Porter
                    Mikey vs Danny
                    Thurman vs who gives a **** at this point

Sounds like a legit card to me. I'd pay for those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      If Spence vs Mikey is a PPV I'd be shocked if Porter vs Thurman isn't.

Agree. I think Porter might be among the worst opponent choices to fight off of a layoff &/or with some rust on you.

I would pay for Spence vs Mikey with decent undercards.

Porter vs Thurman on the other hand. I wasnt interested in this rematch 2 years ago much less now after Thurman has been inactive for so long. I hope they don't try to make that a PPV.

Throw both fights on the same card and now we talking!!

Comment

Working...
                      X