Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is mma more brutal and damaging to the body than boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMA is just harder on the ears...Name one fighter that doesn't have cauliflower ears in the UFC. Other than that, Boxing is by far more dangerous. They take more shots, have more chances to recover, the fights last longer, and the fighters can actually throw a good punch.

Comment

It depends on who the boxer is. If it's Cory Spinks etc. then Boxing is a girly sport compared to MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by alishuffle View Post
        MMA is just harder on the ears...Name one fighter that doesn't have cauliflower ears in the UFC. Other than that, Boxing is by far more dangerous. They take more shots, have more chances to recover, the fights last longer, and the fighters can actually throw a good punch.
        and the size of the gloves impact a larger area causing more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
          It depends on who the boxer is. If it's Cory Spinks etc. then Boxing is a girly sport compared to MMA.
          I agree...

Nogueira and Sakuraba have taken a ton of punishment and will probably end up as brain-damaged as the worst cases in boxing.

Wanderlei Silva fights:

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
            I agree...

Wanderlei Silva fights:

Silva is a ****ing beast.

I loved his fight vs. Jardine, that was a good KO.

Comment

I think Boxing is more brutal because in boxing you can be knocked down and really stunned a few times in a fight where in MMA you get rocked and go down and Herb Dean quickly steps in to stop it as well he should. Point being you get more head damage in boxing. MMA is brutal but if you look at it, its way more technical with a variety of holds you can use to submit your opponent. In boxing its head and body and thats that.

Comment

this is a good thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  Boxers are more likely to die than MMA fighters because of the repeated blows to the head over the period of the fight.

When you look at the tragic fights when boxers die, it's almost always a long fight when the guy took repeated blows to the head.

You're not likely to see that in MMA.
                  This is correct..
                  One of my friends who is involved with MMA says the same exact thing..

Well put Stealer

Comment

Working...
                  X