Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubans have the best footwork in boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    That is what im saying and i think he is too speaking in terms of the Cuban olympic amateurs and their training methods i dont think no one seriously thinks a Cuban just gonna step into the ring and Be a ring general just for being cuban -__- same thing for any other country, it takes a lifetime to develop those skills and yes talent of course and To your ending comment you do get that Cubans cant get out of Cuba right santana had to get on a raft for 10 days to get here and Rigondeaux had to flee and both are forever branded a traitor so think about that before you talk crap. Any number of Cuban champions in pro boxing is a true miracle for there are hundreds of thousands of Boxers from other nationalities with the chance at the pro game for every 1 Cuban amateur that is by some miracle awarded the same chance.
    Excellent point. People are acting like we get to see all the top Cuban fighters. There are guys out there that are probably almost as good as Rigo, MAYBE even better, and have no chance to come over, or are scared, or just don't want to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
      I've noticed a lot of Cuban boxers do the bowing thing. Is it a amateur ritual type thing?
      Yes, many amateurs will bow to all sides of the ring when they get in

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        That is what im saying and i think he is too speaking in terms of the Cuban olympic amateurs and their training methods i dont think no one seriously thinks a Cuban just gonna step into the ring and Be a ring general just for being cuban -__- same thing for any other country, it takes a lifetime to develop those skills and yes talent of course and To your ending comment you do get that Cubans cant get out of Cuba right santana had to get on a raft for 10 days to get here and Rigondeaux had to flee and both are forever branded a traitor so think about that before you talk crap. Any number of Cuban champions in pro boxing is a true miracle for there are hundreds of thousands of Boxers from other nationalities with the chance at the pro game for every 1 Cuban amateur that is by some miracle awarded the same chance.

yeah , blamin communism , how original ..

Comment

Cuban fighters are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            yeah , blamin communism , how original ..
            It's the truth tho most of the Cuban boxing talent never has the chance so many thousands take for granted because they are prisoners, but at the same time i believe w.o that same communism that keeps them from ever having the chance Cuban boxing wouldnt be nearly as great it is, aint that some ironic ****.

Comment

Cubans are also unbelievably relaxed when they fight.

Comment

One of the many reasons why Cubans are my favourite fighters.

They are a joy to watch. You can tell they have been doing this stuff since they were kids, it all looks so natural.

Comment

Why doesn't North Korea produce fighters? O_O

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
                    He has the deadliest style you can possibly have. God like footwork and defense, with a bazooka counter punch.

I can't remember a single fighter off the top of my head with that type of skill set.
                    He feints his jab extremely well and uses his jab. Very fundamentally sound. **** the counter punching, that all comes AFTER the fundamentals.

Comment

Working...
                    X