• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Lennox Lewis training

Love him or Hate him,the guy is a legend

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
      Love him or Hate him,the guy is a legend
      Lennox Lewis will not go down in history as a legendary fighter. There are better fighters around that I love such as Naseem Hamed, but I do realize that as much as I loved him, he is not legendary, and neither is Lennox Lewis.

Lewis is a stale piece of toast. The man really had no appeal. Aside from his national supporters, Lewis is not regarded as legendary in any sense of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Lennox Lewis will not go down in history as a legendary fighter. There are better fighters around that I love such as Naseem Hamed, but I do realize that as much as I loved him, he is not legendary, and neither is Lennox Lewis.

Lewis is a stale piece of toast. The man really had no appeal. Aside from his national supporters, Lewis is not regarded as legendary in any sense of the word.
        That "stale piece of toast" is arguably one of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

Comment

Thats one of the most stupid posts i have eva read off this site ...how you are still green is beyond me ...

Comment

Stupid post. LL is a top 5 HW ATG

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
              Thats one of the most stupid posts i have eva read off this site ...how you are still green is beyond me ...
              Mr nationalistic fan himself has taken time away from harassing people who do their jobs while he videotapes from behind his boyfriend to come and defend his idol in Lennox Lewis. Thanks for showing up, but the fact is that outside of your hometown, Lennox Lewis is not a legend and history will not remember him as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                Stupid post. LL is a top 5 HW ATG
                I gotta see that top 5.

Comment

It's a shame that posters like these are so prevalent (and even respected) in the boxing history section. They clearly have very limited knowledge or understanding of the sport they claim to be a fan of, possess little to no ability to debate things in a civil or logical way, and consistently make ludicrous claims backed up by little more than smoky old gym tales, colourful quotes and rampant nostalgia. And yet because they toe the party line and willingly partake in maintaining the old school status quo they're embraced and accepted.

I don't mean to crap on this part of the forum, which has resulted in some excellent and truly enlightening threads, but when I read some of the ludicrous nonsense that spews from some posters' keyboards it really makes my blood boil. Worse even than the whole Haye Klit fiasco.

Seriously, "stale piece of toast?" I'm genuinely at a loss for words.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                    It's a shame that posters like these are so prevalent (and even respected) in the boxing history section. They clearly have very limited knowledge or understanding of the sport they claim to be a fan of, possess little to no ability to debate things in a civil or logical way, and consistently make ludicrous claims backed up by little more than smoky old gym tales, colourful quotes and rampant nostalgia. And yet because they toe the party line and willingly partake in maintaining the old school status quo they're embraced and accepted.

I don't mean to crap on this part of the forum, which has resulted in some excellent and truly enlightening threads, but when I read some of the ludicrous nonsense that spews from some posters' keyboards it really makes my blood boil. Worse even than the whole Haye Klit fiasco.

Seriously, "stale piece of toast?" I'm genuinely at a loss for words.
                    And you regard him as the greatest of all time which says that you must only know of a few fighters. Seriously, how do you expect to be taken seriously when you claim him as the GOAT?

The fact is that the majority of his fans are British nationalistic fans, and they're his fans because he is British and not because of what he has done in the ring. He conveniently avoided every great fighter in the prime of their career and was chopped in half by journeymans with a single punch early in a fight.

No other ATG fighter has this happened to aside from Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                    X