Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Crawford a bigger star than Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    No one on the streets of LA knew who he was? Staple's Center holds 21K, attendance was right around 17K. I'll best most of the PPVs were bought buy Brits.
    You’re simply sounding like a Hearns assistant, walking around a couple of blocks in 1 city doesn’t mean Wilder is unknown!

People like you have to understand the technicalities and circumstances!

Wilder is from a country that for boxing it is considered a niche sport and it has loads of competition!

Boxing in America has to compete with baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, golf, college basketball, college football, March Madness, Final Four, turkey bowl, rose bowl, NBA finals, The Superbowl, The World Series, and The Stanley Cup!

You’re ignorant if you don’t think that affects a sport like boxing in America!

Wilder also came at a time when The Olympics in boxing for America was pretty forgotten so no one was interested to know America had a heavyweight who earned a medal!

You would be very ignorant to think that didn’t affect Wilder’s career trajectory!

He also started boxing very very late at the age of 20, you may not understand but that’s very advanced in boxing years which means his development as a boxer is in its infant stage at 20!

It takes most boxers 10 years to hone their craft starting off, took Wilder 10 years and over 30 fights to be what he is today!

30 amateur fights still won an Olympic medal without American media backing that was in Olympic boxing for years before!

Everything I said affects Wilder’s renown while AJ has nearly everything handed to him on a silver platter!

Remember Wilder earned his medal while AJ got two home cooking decisions to get his!

Comment

I mean, for a Nebraska kid that loves to fish he ain't doing so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Has NOTHING to do with Resume and who they fight. Ask yourself this "BOXING FANS" if the Casual Sports Fans already don't know you, why the HELL would they care about you in a big fight vs a guy they don't know either.

Spence Jr vs Crawford is NOT a big fight right now outside of us the Hardcore Boxing Fans and since many of us don't even buy PPV's or buy tickets to attend live, I think if they was to fight right now, it would FLOP! Remind me of when Boxing Fans RUSHED Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander to fight each other and that fight Failed big time both in Ticket Sales in Detroit and in Ratings on HBO.

So the "Let It Build Up" stuff is not for us the Hardcore Boxing Fans, it is to try and get the Casual Sports Fan Caught Up on what is going on with the current landscape of boxing because they don't KNOW Crawford or Errol Spence Jr YET!

As for why NEITHER is a bigger STAR yet, neither have the Gift Of Gab like a Tyson Fury. He came over and in a short period of time did what America fighters haven't been able to do despite being here their entire lives

Fighters have to get up, get out, connect with the people and build up their fanbase organically and stop sitting back and expecting your Promoter and Manager(s) to do everything for you. When was the last time we seen a Mayweather vs Brian Kenny type of interview in boxing with the back and forth stuff...

This is what Draw in Casuals when they're watching Sportscenter and then all of a sudden a interview like this one happens. Everybody play it very SAFE outside of the ring is what I'm seeing. Everybody wants to be the good guy, nobody has the BALLS to be the Villain and "Embrace The Hate" and flip it into a lot of $$$ like Mayweather Did.
        Broner tried but he wasn't good enough to pull it off.
        The Charlo brothers seem to be next in line to play the villian roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Broner tried but he wasn't good enough to pull it off.
          The Charlo brothers seem to be next in line to play the villian roles.
          If Broner has the skills in the ring he would be the biggest Draw in boxing right now and it wouldn't even be close. Even right now with him losing or getting a Draw with Vargas he is still far more popular and more of a Draw than the guys better than him

But yeah the Charlo's most certainly can pull of the Villain Roles

Comment

Working...
          X