Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wilder Sign The Contract To Secure The AJ Fight On April 13th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
    i get your point but in this case i can say with 100 percent certainty wilder will not be a star if he carries on doing what hes been doing for the last 10 years.
    OH Definitely not. It hasn’t really worked so far, but he’s starting to take off. But we all know a big mouth talking ***** is the best way to get noticed. (Look at th brokers) and wilder has one just have to Decipher what he is saying. They were chanting his name after joshusas last fight so the English crowd knows him. Now if he can just the American public to notice

Comment

What you talking about ? He never accepted the fight in April

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
        1. Wilder and team accepted this offer already (But didn't sign).
        2. Wilder claims he wants this fight more than anything.

So now hes getting the fight he wants for the money he accepted... If he doesn't sign for this fight then he lied about both those points and was basically taking his fans for a ride to boost his popularity.

Only a brain dead Wilder can could refute this.
        What you talking about Willis ? He never accepted the fight for April lol

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
          i find it really interesting that many of responses to the whole debate by wilder fans is mostly just emotional stuff, laced with vitriol, full of hypocrisy, and with no basis in the actual facts of what's going on.
          No actual facts? Really? Facts, in of itself, are supposed to be actual. On the point you made, I've got 3 questions for you:

1. how exactly does AJ deserve $85 million of the pot?
          2. How exactly does Wilder deserve 15 - 20% of the split?
          3. Why should Wilder accept a flat fee?

The maximum AJ has made is almost 20 mil pounds, i.e., about $26 million and that was against Parker who is no where near as worth as Wilder Those are facts. The revenue for that fight was about 40 mil pounds. In a Wilder fight, the amount goes to $100 mil for revenue from projections at minimum. Why then should Wilder let AJ have $85 mil?

Even if we say Wilder brings in $3 mil per fight and AJ brings in $27 mil per fight. In a fight where both's presence will lead to $100 mil, no way should AJ get $85 mil of the fight.

Let's give AJ his $27 mil and Wilder his $3 mil. We are left with $70 mil from a $100 mil. If that amount is split 50/50, AJ's becomes $62 mil and Wilder's becomes 38 mil. Now, that is closer to a 60/40 - isn't it?

If lying Eddie had just offered Wilder a 60/40 split, the fight would have been made. But greed will destroy them all.

Now if the fight is in the US, no way AJ should make more than Wilder. He is not known here. Those are the facts!

Comment

Originally posted by ashadam View Post
            No he should just F--- Off and stick to fighting bums in the States , he is a nobody Joshua does not need him.
            if Wilder is a no body, why cant Joshua willingly fight him in the USA for USD50m????

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
              yes, the fight may truly become bigger, but not for wilder. Wilder's only real way of increasing his value before that fight is to fight a top level opponent and beat him. he only has breazele(sp) on deck. wilders stock can only stay where it currently is, or go down from this point forward until april 13, UNLESS joshua loses or does something stupid.
              in that case, then the contract is obviously null and void since its no longer a unification bout.

wilder and his team had 6 weeks to accept terms and sign a contract, but they kept stalling by delaying responses. if they really wanted the fight, they would have responded in less time that they did, even if they did not like the terms of the contract. its supposed to be a negotiation.
              at the end of the day, a B-side opponent who "really wanted the fight" and "did everything they could" never sent a contract to the A side. even if the A side was stalling, something is wrong with that.
              Again we can speculate on what one side did or did not do all we want, they are what they are "speculations' cos neither you nor I are privy to all the details. And to the other point, Wilder's value has exponentially increased since the fight was explored and continues to go up with the outside interest regardless of who he fights. As a matter of fact, if Wilder stays put right now and does nothing, I guarantee you Hearn goes into scrambling mode with no place but t keep sweetening the offer to Wilder at every turn. Hearn already has a date to deliver a big fight at Wembley in the summer and with Tyson Fury no where close, Wilder right now is the only viable candidate to fit that bill. Hearn needs Wilder more than Wilder needs him at this point especially to garner any kind of goodwill for his DAZN venture.

Comment

Originally posted by hova View Post
                What you talking about Willis ? He never accepted the fight for April lol
                Read again.. I said he accepted the offer. This is the same offer that he so called accepted but now wants 50/50??? quack quack.

Wilder fans are brain dead foreal.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
                  Again we can speculate on what one side did or did not do all we want, they are what they are "speculations' cos neither you nor I are privy to all the details. And to the other point, Wilder's value has exponentially increased since the fight was explored and continues to go up with the outside interest regardless of who he fights. As a matter of fact, if Wilder stays put right now and does nothing, I guarantee you Hearn goes into scrambling mode with no place but t keep sweetening the offer to Wilder at every turn. Hearn already has a date to deliver a big fight at Wembley in the summer and with Tyson Fury no where close, Wilder right now is the only viable candidate to fit that bill. Hearn needs Wilder more than Wilder needs him at this point especially to garner any kind of goodwill for his DAZN venture.
                  it's only speculation when there are no facts. 6 weeks is factual. from both sides. try again.

now, which side needs who more, well that's a debate we can speculate about all day long. and wilder may even win that debate. BUT, who needs who, and what each fighter should get paid, are two completely separate arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by asotgod123 View Post
                    No actual facts? Really? Facts, in of itself, are supposed to be actual. On the point you made, I've got 3 questions for you:

1. how exactly does AJ deserve $85 million of the pot?
                    2. How exactly does Wilder deserve 15 - 20% of the split?
                    3. Why should Wilder accept a flat fee?

The maximum AJ has made is almost 20 mil pounds, i.e., about $26 million and that was against Parker who is no where near as worth as Wilder Those are facts. The revenue for that fight was about 40 mil pounds. In a Wilder fight, the amount goes to $100 mil for revenue from projections at minimum. Why then should Wilder let AJ have $85 mil?

Even if we say Wilder brings in $3 mil per fight and AJ brings in $27 mil per fight. In a fight where both's presence will lead to $100 mil, no way should AJ get $85 mil of the fight.

Let's give AJ his $27 mil and Wilder his $3 mil. We are left with $70 mil from a $100 mil. If that amount is split 50/50, AJ's becomes $62 mil and Wilder's becomes 38 mil. Now, that is closer to a 60/40 - isn't it?

If lying Eddie had just offered Wilder a 60/40 split, the fight would have been made. But greed will destroy them all.

Now if the fight is in the US, no way AJ should make more than Wilder. He is not known here. Those are the facts!
                    1. that's stuff meant for the negotiating table, you know, where both sides meet up or keep speaking back and forth about counters and responses to real contract offers. one side refused to do that.

2. see #1

3. if you want a factual response to this, well, wilder himself ACCEPTED a flat fee with his own mouth on social media. HIS PROMOTER ALSO ACCEPTED ON A TV NETWORK. for more, please see #1.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      Regardless of which side of the story you believe, at this point Wilder is in possession of a contract for a fight with Joshua on April 13th at Wembley.
                      No, he shouldn't sign. A flat fee of 15 million for a fight of this magnitude is absolutely ridiculous.

Wilder never believed Hearn wanted AJ to fight him before Povetkin. To prove his point, Wilder accepted a terrible offer to prove Hearn was lying about wanting to do the fight next.

Sure enough, Wilder was right, and Hearn refused to do the fight next.

Under any other circumstance, Wilder would have never accepted that offer. He proved his point about Hearn being a liar and now if Hearn ever wants to make the fight later, he's going to have to give a percentage. And a higher percentage than he gave Parker. If Parker got 33%, I don't see Wilder taking less than 38%.

Comment

Working...
                      X