Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military to build border wall if Democrats refuse.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the way people believe this guy will be in power long enough to even try and build a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Democrats don't mind spending over $350 billion for welfare and another $750 billion for Medicaid, but are willing to let the Government shut down over a $5 billion wall.
      Makes no sense. It also makes no sense why the military wasnt tasked with this long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
        I like the way people believe this guy will be in power long enough to even try and build a wall.
        I cant stand the man but he will be a 2 term President.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Makes no sense. It also makes no sense why the military wasnt tasked with this long ago.
          Is it maybe a Constitutional issue?

I know using the military as law enforcement is a no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Is Mexico no building the wall no more?

Also a wall is mfing ******ed. Just use the border patrol as is with some improvements here & there to fill the gaps. Get motion detectors & cams to spot mfers crossing. Use drones to spot mfers. Then send out a team of mfers to go round up the mfers crashing the border. Much cheaper then building some stupid f#cking wall. The upkeep for this wall is gonna be millions of dollars a year. And for what? Its a symbolic thing more than a needed thing thats going to prevent THAT many mfers from coming to the US illegally.
            The federal governement is notorious for getting ripped off by contractors. Drones and other electronic equipment used to prevent illegals will cost taxpayers a fortune with maintenance, training, manpower etc. Also you have to think, once they cross our border and cry asylum or something of that nature they can be entitled to an immigration court process so its better if they have a wall blocking them.

To add, he wall is a great deterrent but more will need to be done because the Cartels are very sophisticated. In my opinion, the War on drugs is a huge financial failure as the Opiod epidemic highlights. So we should cut DOJ funding for drugs and add it to the war on Terror and place drug cartels on that list!

Comment

I cant stand the man but he will be a 2 term President.

Right now I wouldn’t be too sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Is it maybe a Constitutional issue?

I know using the military as law enforcement is a no-no.

Someone tried to say to me once that theres something in the constitution about troops being at the border but we are using them at the border right now. I dont think the military should enforce Immigration law because Immigration law is EXTREMELY complex but having thousands of troops at the border building a wall in itself is a deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
                  Right now I wouldn’t be too sure of that.
                  You think so? Trump has a very STRONG base man.

In my opinion, in order for the Dems to even have a chance they need a white Christian Centrist to appeal to the white womans vote. As of right now, the Dems battle against the far right is going far left.

Comment

Someone tried to say to me once that theres something in the constitution about troops being at the border but we are using them at the border right now. I dont think the military should enforce Immigration law because Immigration law is EXTREMELY complex but having thousands of troops at the border building a wall in itself is a deterrent.
                    It ok Constitutionally to use them at the border, as their job is to defend the nation, and border security fits that bill.

I do agree it's a deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      No, because I never really bought it from the beginning. I knew what kind person Trump is, probably was in the moment with the crowd amping him up and then blurted it out without thinking. But the wall on the other was a policy ideal so that's the ultimate goal. As for Mexico paying for it, I could see him slipping in some provision in the new nafta where it gives slightly better terms to US on one of the trade stipulations and then pointing to that as Mexico paying for the wall.
                      Ok. I understand your point. My issue with you specifically is you are not going to hold Trump accountable for lying.

When it was Obama and the issue with Obamacare, you said he lied to you and so you held him accountable by voting for another party. Ok I get that.

Here, you basically give him a pass for lying by saying he got caught up in the moment. Then you give him the benefit of the doubt for a potential policy move to get Mexico to pay for the wall even though he himself has never hinted at such a plan to my knowledge.

Credit to you for answering the question!

Comment

Working...
                      X