Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Bronze Bomber" Wilder: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    I want to call out this bunch of idiots who pick Fury by KO/TKO. You can't possibly really think that.

!! Anorak, Adamjr91, Aldro, Banderivets, BostonGuy, chrisJS, craigus1990, Crazylegs77, Damn Wicked, Divine Hammer, Doritos, eco1, FrankieBruno, FrenchDeLaHoya, HeadBodyBodyBody, HughJass, JACK1190, Japanese Boxing, Joe Beamish, JRB123, judge_jab, jypehob, kafkod, Kazakh Thunder, killakali, kingofthieves, KnockoutNed, LacedUp, Le_Mickster, lfc19titles, lfcdynasty, lightsout_finit, LoadedWraps, LomaUsykKlichko, Long jabber, Marchegiano, mathed, minemax, miniq, mlac, MrTambourineMan, mylo86, NaijaD, NakiFan, OBOMBER, oovavu, PAC-BOY, Pain~Lucy, phil_anselmo, Pretty Boy1, PrinceNaz88, PunchyPotorff, RaTaTa, Robbie Barrett, rocky_balboa23, Ryn0, samouraï, Señor970, Simurgh, SlySlickSmooth, Sn1, StefanTosic, SuperHanz, Tedkidlewis, tengri, TheBoxingfan101, thecomedian2, treeduck, Tyrone Biggums, ukboxingfan1981, Viacheslav, Vic_Rattlehead, Vinnykin, Warrior2015, WTF Huck!, Æthelstan
    I've explained many times why and how Fury can stop Wilder, and on a higher level how fighters who supposedly aren't "power punchers" can stop a fighter, good chin or not. Looks like I need to drop another lesson for the hungry minds of NSB:

To use the example of Fury/Wilder, the super fight -

Wilder is constantly off balance both when he throws punches and when he moves around the ring. The reason it is stressed to you as a beginner that you need to stay in your stance / base at all times and learn how to move and throw without sacrificing your good base is because it is so easy to knock you down when you shift your body weight to one leg or the other. This is magnified when you throw a punch with steam as the momentum you bring you expect to stop/ meet resistance when your fist comes in contact with your opponent. This is even worse if your form isn't good (looking at you Wilder). We also learn (if your trainer is worth a ****, all of the above assumes) to not get ahead of ourselves and get obsessed with speed early, throw as fast as you can manage to maintain both proper form, and stance integrity. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Fury on the other hand is a technical mastermind and phenom talent wise. Movement in the ring and ring IQ come natural to Fury, and when he is off balance it's a calculated risk, one hes paid for, but one he believes he can get away with and usually does. Fury throws fast stiff crisp jabs and straights and can switch stances seamlessly. Fury punches from many angles, textbook and not, and his philly shell variation adds both fantastic defensive responses and disguises his attacks when he uses his dropped lead hand effectively. His ability to hit and not be hit back continuously and with accurate, hard shots is very dangerous for Wilder, a guy who likes to fight fire with fire.

Fury stands a great chance at not only upsetting Wilder but stopping him because he will have opportunities in just about every round to hit Wilder with crisp, clean shots on the money when Wilder is off balance either when hes throwing at Fury, or trying to move in and out. One punch KO power isn't necessary in those circumstances, not even "cumulative" power, its physics more than anything, and timing. A well placed shot on the money will drop anyone, nevermind who is the power puncher or who had the granite chin. That's catching a clean shot in a solid stance mind you, off balance its that much worse. Wilder is going to bring the fight to Fury and not shell up like Clottey did against Pacmonster, there is no question of will there be opportunities.
    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 09-30-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      I've explained many times why and how Fury can stop Wilder, and on a higher level how fighters who supposedly aren't "power punchers" can stop a fighter, good chin or not. Looks like I need to drop another lesson for the hungry minds of NSB:

To use the example of Fury/Wilder, the super fight -

Wilder is constantly off balance both when he throws punches and when he moves around the ring. The reason it is stressed to you as a beginner that you need to stay in your stance / base at all times and learn how to move and throw without sacrificing your good base is because it is so easy to knock you down when you shift your body weight to one leg or the other. This is magnified when you throw a punch with steam as the momentum you bring you expect to stop/ meet resistance when your fist comes in contact with your opponent. This is even worse if your form isn't good (looking at you Wilder). We also learn (if your trainer is worth a ****, all of the above assumes) to not get ahead of ourselves and get obsessed with speed early, throw as fast as you can manage to maintain both proper form, and stance integrity. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Fury on the other hand is a technical mastermind and phenom talent wise. Movement in the ring and ring IQ come natural to Fury, and when he is off balance it's a calculated risk, one hes paid for, but one he believes he can get away with and usually does. Fury throws fast stiff crisp jabs and straights and can switch stances seamlessly. Fury punches from many angles, textbook and not, and his philly shell variation adds both fantastic defensive responses and disguises his attacks when he uses his dropped lead hand effectively. His ability to hit and not be hit back continuously and with accurate, hard shots is very dangerous for Wilder, a guy who likes to fight fire with fire.

Fury stands a great chance at not only upsetting Wilder but stopping him because he will have opportunities in just about every round to hit Wilder with crisp, clean shots on the money when Wilder is off balance either when hes throwing at Fury, or trying to move in and out. One punch KO power isn't necessary in those circumstances, not even "cumulative" power, its physics more than anything, and timing. A well placed shot on the money will drop anyone, nevermind who is the power puncher or who had the granite chin. That's catching a clean shot in a solid stance mind you, off balance its that much worse. Wilder is going to bring the fight to Fury and not shell up like Clottey did against Pacmonster, there is no question of will there be opportunities.
      When Wilder knocks out Fury easily, I'll bring this thread back up.

Comment

• Wilder by KO The build-up will be Fury's stage which he will win.

Comment

• Isn't this poll from 2015? That would explain those that picked Fury by KO.

Comment

When Wilder knocks out Fury easily, I'll bring this thread back up.
            This is the RBR thread, no need to do so lol, I'll be here telling you I told you so.

I also love how you call me out, I drop a real gem, and you come back with one sentence, and it isn't even an attempt to debate my points.

Comment

This is the RBR thread, no need to do so lol, I'll be here telling you I told you so.

I also love how you call me out, I drop a real gem, and you come back with one sentence, and it isn't even an attempt to debate my points.

Your argument had zero substance and wasn't worth responding to rationally.
              Last edited by Boxing Goat; 10-02-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Your argument had zero substance and wasn't worth responding too rationally.
                Weak.

How much further do you want me to go than I've gone here and elsewhere already? I actually dropped facts, lack of substance? Hilarious. History shows I've always supported my arguments, that isn't the case with your posting history. You have to come with more than "ko is dumb", even if it's the popular opinion. What you need to do is start trying to refute anything I've said, or come up with an actual counter argument.

My money says you'll drop a one liner and evade further. You've forgotten I come prepared to defend all positions.

Ill wait.
                Last edited by LoadedWraps; 10-02-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Weak.

How much further do you want me to go than I've gone here and elsewhere already? On the surface it would appear you're intellectually challenging me but history shows I've always supported my arguments, that isn't the case with your posting history. You have to come with more than "ko is dumb", even if it's the popular opinion. I can elaborate further but you need to prove you're even worth debating with by telling us why it won't happen with logic.

My money says you'll drop a one liner and evade further. You've forgotten I come prepared to defend all positions.

Ill wait.
                  Huh? Wtf are you even talking about? You're not all there. When Wilder ktfo Fury, you can apologize to me. If you want to bet on it we can. And my position needs no explanation. Everyone knows Wilders going to f@cking merk Fury. You that I posted are just homers lol

Comment

• -MEGA- TBear BostonGuy jaded

sticky the thread unless the poll will be closed by then

LoadedWraps is the poll gonna be open till their fight date?

Comment

• If Fury is mentally and physically 100% he boxes Wilder to a UD.

Wilder did well against Ortiz, but he could find himself exposed badly by Fury.

Either way, both guys are much more entertaining pre fight than the humble, Nigerian robot Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X