Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How highly would you rate GGG if he were to beat Canelo (officially)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How highly would you rate GGG if he were to beat Canelo (officially)?

How highly would you rate a convincing victory over Canelo should GGG win the rematch? Would GGG's stock rise or stay the same for you?
    I get the feeling that the excuses are already lined up if Canelo fails against GGG. We'll have to see.

hes a hall of fame fighter who will have beaten everyone whos stepped up to challenge him. and yea of course he wont get any credit by a number of posters, if it goes 12 rounds people will say he shouldnt have won and even if he knocks canelo cold and out of the ring there will be posters on here who will still say its an early stoppage.

Comment

I dunno, he's already beaten Canelo in my eyes. so it'd depend on the matter he beat him. If it's a similar fight with a fair decision, it'll be a case of justice served. His stock won't go up unless he stops him or almost shuts him out.

I guess GGG fans will say beating Canelo makes you truly elite, seeing as only Floyd has and Canelo is rated right up there today.

And i'd say anyone that wants to dismiss the win will say Canelo isn't great, arguably lost to Lara and had only beaten guys like Khan, smith and Chavez in recent times and has never beaten an elite fighter.

I'll have it down as a very good win due to the general consensus being that Canelo is a top level fighter. Although i think GGG won the first, i think both are top notch fighters. I just think GGG's constant pressure is too much for Canelo in a head to head fight, but it doesn't mean Canelo isn't elite in his own right.
      Last edited by TheBigLug; 09-05-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

If he beats Canelo convincingly he's probably earned HoF status.

Comment

I would have rated him a whole lot higher is he had fought and beat Andre Ward .

Comment

He’d be a HOF with a signature win.

No one can dispute it..hes already a HOFer.

Bigger question is how much credit Canelo would get.

“Old”
            “Shoulda fought years ago.”

Etc etc.

Comment

Those who have been on the fence with him will show him a lil more love, those who hate him will complain about him not fighting Ward despite the fact they weren't in the same division and the other fighter in question admitted he couldn't even get down to 168 at that point. There is a grey area between where people just won't care.

Comment

If he does win he is top 3 P4P and HOFer no question. The same goes for Canelo if he wins. I just hope there won't be any excuses from the fans of the losing fighter. The winner will deserve all the credit in the world in my opinion.

Comment

Nah, he'll be ducking Charlo who'd destroy him. Or something like that. Canelo will be a bum or will have been cheated in some way whether it's judges (even if it's a 12-0 ggg type fight) or by not being allowed to cheat.

Comment

If he knocks him out they’ll say he would’ve lost if it went the distance because he isnt a good boxer or would gas out.
                    If he gets the UD and it is not 1000% obvious than canelo would be cheated.
                    The majority decision would cause melt down.
                    No winning with the clens

Comment

Working...
                    X