Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What About Brandon Rios vs Ortiz / Thurman Garcia undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather than ortiz vs rios, I would love to see Ortiz Vs Cintron

Comment

I think Ortiz vs. Rios needs to marinate for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        You'd want both the guys coming off a few wins to make it essential for PBC though.

Rios needs to come off a few wins before fighting someone like Berto or else it'll just look like you're feeding him for another loss.
        You see I'm betting it'll actually be a good fight. I think ring rust will be to their advantage and a way to sell more fights between them. PBC gave a headliner for Antonio Demarco coming off 2 losses with Figueroa Jr.! Demarco is just as accomplished as those guys and he's not Mexican-American. I don't think we need to be too analytical about it. I think the fight sells well and should be good filler startup.

Comment

that fight will be its own card at the staple center.

Comment

Nah. They need like 3-4 wins before anyone can be excited for Ortiz or Rios.
            Speak for yourself. I like the fight today.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              Speak for yourself. I like the fight today.
              Well, before the general public can get excited.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                You see I'm betting it'll actually be a good fight. I think ring rust will be to their advantage and a way to sell more fights between them. PBC gave a headliner for Antonio Demarco coming off 2 losses with Figueroa Jr.! Demarco is just as accomplished as those guys and he's not Mexican-American. I don't think we need to be too analytical about it. I think the fight sells well and should be good filler startup.
                It'll be the same fight regardless of whether they fight now or after a few wins IMO, but if you want to build it up as a main event on a card and to try and build it up for PBC to be successful, a few wins before they fight each other would do wonders.

Comment

It'll be the same fight regardless of whether they fight now or after a few wins IMO, but if you want to build it up as a main event on a card and to try and build it up for PBC to be successful, a few wins before they fight each other would do wonders.
                  I can't tell if you're trolling... honestly, are you pro-PBC poster on NSB, or are you known to say negative things about it? Seems like you're delaying such an easy fight to make. What builds up? Ortiz getting wins to "build" up? I'd bet you that if Haymon proposed the idea to either two they'd be for it...unless of course they hate each other so much or one's afraid of the other...but no because that'd be ironic considering their history.

Ortiz vs Rios is a niche bout for niche fans that know their rivalry, and trying to sell them to the "public" is pointless as PBC's motto is just show and get it on. Ortiz and Rios are not current attractions nor on the level of Thurman vs Porter...this is why I said filler or their own headline bout

Comment

Main event for me with the history, it has its own build up already. I'm not high on both but it'd be competitive for the level of action. Rios stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                      I think Ortiz vs. Rios needs to marinate for a few more years.
                      That **** has been marinating for like 10 years now

I remember when Rios was still at 135 and Ortiz had just moved to 147 and there was still talk of it then. Even when the GB vs TR war was going on.

I'd love to see it, good old fashioned grudge match.

Comment

Working...
                      X