Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nacho Beristain, Freddie Roach and Floyd Sr Think Khan Is The 147 King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nacho Beristain, Freddie Roach and Floyd Sr Think Khan Is The 147 King?

A few years ago there was talk of a Khan vs Marquez clash but Nacho Beristain essentially pulled Marquez out of the negotiations because he thought Marquez could not beat Khan, and that he would basically be used as a "stepping-stone". As I've said before, Team Marquez essentially avoided Khan, the same way Bradley did shortly thereafter, and then Mayweather, Pacquiao and Broner would later.

If you need to refresh your memory then be my guest and read the full story, Khan has been avoided by many fighters over the years and Marquez was just another one of these (although it was Beristain who actually avoided Khan):
    http://en.espn.co.uk/more/sport/story/6100.html

So if Beristain effectively believes that Khan is too difficult a fighter for Marquez to beat, yet he has recently talked about Marquez facing Pacquiao again, Cotto and Brook, surely this must mean that Beristain places Khan at nearly the very top of the division, if not right at the very top - essentially the king of 147?

Roach of course has also recently admitted that Khan is a considerably more difficult fight for Pacquiao than both Bradley and Crawford combined.

And as we know, Floyd Sr himself told Khan some time ago that he might be the guy to beat Floyd. This was when he was estranged from Floyd, prior to them patching things up, but this was Floyd Sr at his most honest, when he didn't feel the need to conceal his true opinion due to some sense of family loyalty. So deep down it appears that Floyd Sr believes that Khan beats Floyd, or at least has the tools to do it.

In any event, 3 separate trainers have inadvertently placed Khan at pretty much the top of the division if you think about. Is this perhaps evidence enough to allocate Khan the number 1 spot at 147 or does he still remain only in the top 3 until he ultimately captures all the available titles?

Because he looked so good against Chris?..................seriously?

He must be related to Haye and both to the Invisable Man! Where are they?

In my day in the sport you heard from the trainer if the trainer was asked something specific about his fighter or opponent.
    Everyone knows the trainer isn't giving any props to another fighter unless its a perspective opponent then ofcourse their great!

Nacho Freddy & Floyd Sr. are like soap opera queens, yak yak yak.....

Comment

If there's a question mark in a headline the answer is 'no'.

Comment

Stupid or trolling.

Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          A few years ago there was talk of a Khan vs Marquez clash but Nacho Beristain essentially pulled Marquez out of the negotiations because he thought Marquez could not beat Khan, and that he would basically be used as a "stepping-stone". As I've said before, Team Marquez essentially avoided Khan, the same way Bradley did shortly thereafter, and then Mayweather, Pacquiao and Broner would later.

If you need to refresh your memory then be my guest and read the full story, Khan has been avoided by many fighters over the years and Marquez was just another one of these (although it was Beristain who actually avoided Khan):

So if Beristain effectively believes that Khan is too difficult a fighter for Marquez to beat, yet he has recently talked about Marquez facing Pacquiao again, Cotto and Brook, surely this must mean that Beristain places Khan at nearly the very top of the division, if not right at the very top - essentially the king of 147?

Roach of course has also recently admitted that Khan is a considerably more difficult fight for Pacquiao than both Bradley and Crawford combined.

And as we know, Floyd Sr himself told Khan some time ago that he might be the guy to beat Floyd. This was when he was estranged from Floyd, prior to them patching things up, but this was Floyd Sr at his most honest, when he didn't feel the need to conceal his true opinion due to some sense of family loyalty. So deep down it appears that Floyd Sr believes that Khan beats Floyd, or at least has the tools to do it.

In any event, 3 separate trainers have inadvertently placed Khan at pretty much the top of the division if you think about. Is this perhaps evidence enough to allocate Khan the number 1 spot at 147 or does he still remain only in the top 3 until he ultimately captures all the available titles?
          Look man I'm a Khan fan and at 140, after those fights with Kotelnik, Maidana, Paulie and Judah ,he looked spectacular, which is why both Bradley and JMM avoided him. Things have change now. I don't think either guy would avoid him now. Definitely not Bradley.

The issue with Mayweather and Pacquiao is, they can take slightly less money versus guys Berto and Crawford, with better chance of winning their last few fights. Neither man wants hell on the victory lap.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

I admire your infatuation with Khan being this elite fighter and he very well could have been a great fighter had he continued his run up until the Garcia bout. Win or lose back then, I enjoyed Khan's gusto and fighting spirit and until that point and in my eyes, his fight was a can't miss, but that point in his career is where all the adulation and the potential ended. He is just not that that fighter any longer. If you can't tell at this point perhaps because you love Khan so much as a fighter and I can tell by your deluded posts about him, I 'll help you out my friend. Khan has done absolutely nothing to be ranked top 10 on the welterweight scale needless to even fathom the thought of him being ranked in the top 3.

Khan has yet to beat a live welterweight body unless you are counting Alexander and Collazo in which case all you need to see how far down the toilet their careers are at this point. In fairness a lot of these guys haven't done much either but they at least have one good name on their resume. Had Khan fought Kell Brook (who hasn't done much either IMO but at least has a Porter on his resume), we would be viewing Khan in a different light. In case, it isn't obvious to you at this point, Khan has lost all confidence in his abilities, his chin and whatever else made him into that fighter that those trainers you mentioned were looking at back then.

Khan at this point is just looking to cash out, him going after Mayweather or Pacquaio has nothing to do with his desire to be the best but rather to get the big money payday. If it was, he would have fought a live body to help solidify his case. There is nothing wrong with that either, it is what it is but you have to call it the way it is. And FYI, both of those fighters would have embarrassed him mercifully. Floyd would have toyed with him for 12 rounds and Pac would have knocked him out inside the distance.

Comment

Kinda hard to be the king of anything in boxing when you're just one decent punch from being KOed

Comment

Khans had his ups and downs but on his day he will do well against any 147 guy. Say Pakistanis can't fight and then he may get all macho open up exposing his China chin. But other than that khan is very good and just needs that opponent to showcase himself

Comment

Why are you so determined to convince this board that Khan is the best welterweight in the world? Don't you understand Khan has to do that himself by beating the best welterweights in the ring? In the 3 years and 7 months since Khan was KOed by Garcia he has only had 5 fights against lightly regarded harmless light punching boxers. Khan has never avenged his three defeats even though all three of the boxers who defeated him are available to fight him. If inactive cherry picker Khan was as good as you say he is he would be proving it. He would fight 3 times a year against guys like Garcia, Porter, Brook and Thurman. Khan doesn't have the confidence in his fighting skills and ability to beat the best that you have in him.

Comment

Lol Khan had an 8 month training camp for Luiz Collazo. They should be announcing his opponent in about 9 months.

Comment

Working...
                    X