Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion on Corporal Punishment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FuriousTyson View Post
    I don't think beating people up works. But, as a former teacher, I do think that schools should allow teachers to remove kids from their classroom, have them sent to a strict, supervised study course for the day, and even expel them, eventually, if need be. Expelled kids should go to special schools focusing on those types of situations.

But that's not reality, and likely never will be. Teachers are the ones that get booted out lol

I will say this, though: It's tough on a teacher (or former/failed teacher). I have nightmares about my experiences nearly every night. It's led to a recurring insomnia. Pretty much, it's hard to fail at any career. And one especially as dependent upon the actions of other people as teaching is can be very mentally draining. Remembering how much of yourself you sacrificed in exchange for a lack of appreciation/career progress is scarring.

But it is what it is. Under different circumstances, I would've been able to reinvent myself, which is what's truly preventing me from leaving the memories in the past. So, not all bad experiences like this are definitive in a person's life, but, in certain scenarios, they can be, and that's hard. I still hope to find a different career one day, however, but my youth may be wasted in the process, unfortunately.
    Damn son, them kids must have whooped your ass pretty good to give you nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      I went to a Catholic Grade School. In Canada that is from Grade 1 to 8. The older kids got the strap if we got out of line, swore or got caught fighting etc. Go to the front of the class stick out your hands and you got a couple wacks with a thick strap on each hand. Hurt like hell. The classrooms were orderly. LOL.. Then when you went home you had to face the wrath of your parents if the school called and told them what happened.
      That's how I grew up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        I don't know how old you are but in the early 90s an American was caught spray painting in a country that punishes by caning. The bleeding hearts in the USA were crying outrage. He still got caned & I doubt he tags anymore...
        Singapore it was.

Comment

From Private Conversation I think that General Consensus is the idea of Corporal Punishment could do with a Major Overhaul.

Comment

To much perversion and anger among school officials to allow them any physical contact

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              I don't know how old you are but in the early 90s an American was caught spray painting in a country that punishes by caning. The bleeding hearts in the USA were crying outrage. He still got caned & I doubt he tags anymore...
              They stripped off his pants and underwear first and figures that Singapore has had very lax laws concerning sex crimes.

But yeah lots of signs the USA is headed for Roman corporal pederasty
              Last edited by maracho; 09-21-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X