No announcement yet.

Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Why do so many boxers fight with their feet side On? I found that with both feet forward, I can easily throw any punch at any time, faster head movement, and a stronger base overall. But when my feet are turned out even slightly, it limits my hip movement into punches along with head movement. Almost every boxer stands side on at least from what I see

A number of things, not the least of which is balance. In my first boxing lesson, my coach observed the form I learned in Muay Tai. He gave me a stiff push from the side and I nearly toppled over. Then, he had me stand at 45's and did the same thing and asked, "do you get it now?"

Also, a lot of the footwork movements in boxing work better from traditional boxing footwork.
    Look at it this way, boxing has been developed over decades by greater men than us, and the small details refined at such a high level. It's best to learn the basics in the traditional way and not do a lot of 2nd guessing until you master those basics, then see how you can adapt them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      A number of things, not the least of which is balance. In my first boxing lesson, my coach observed the form I learned in Muay Tai. He gave me a stiff push from the side and I nearly toppled over. Then, he had me stand at 45's and did the same thing and asked, "do you get it now?"

Also, a lot of the footwork movements in boxing work better from traditional boxing footwork.
      Look at it this way, boxing has been developed over decades by greater men than us, and the small details refined at such a high level. It's best to learn the basics in the traditional way and not do a lot of 2nd guessing until you master those basics, then see how you can adapt them for you.
      True dat!!! ….Rockin'

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^ This!

Comment

Nailed it right here!

Comment

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
            Nailed it right here!
            Indeed he did, indeed he did.

Comment

Working...
            X