Collapse
No announcement yet.

any car guys out there? looking for a 2016 mid-sized SUV with 3rd row seating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't buy a new car. shop around for a while, even give a dealer a heads up for the actions, about a lightly used car. it takes a while to find them, but they're like gold in teh auto industry. it literally takes an engine a few thousand miles to start breaking it in. 20-30K milage is nothign on a well maintained car, and you really don't have to maintain much in the first 20-30 K. oil changes, etc.

i've been in the nissan exterra for about a week on a vacation, and it was a nice car. got a jeep renegade for a week and a half recently, and it was f#cking pathetic. nothing about that car was well designed or made. felt like a group of freshman undergrads in a design class got a chance to make a car.

other than that i've got nothign. i drive hatchbacks. subaru makes a safe, dependable, AWD wagon called the outback, which should be around the same size, and is probably available with third row seating. if you life in an area with snow they're amazing cars to have when the weather is bad. but they're getting expensive, like all cars, to repair. and they're in a lawsuit for designing engines that burn oil, and fighting tooth and nail to deny it [] so there's also that.

Comment

Don't listen to these used car guys, that's all they've ever owned.

Eliminate all the crap from your line up and narrow it down to the top of the line mid-sized SUVs within the 3rd-row group.

I'd go with the Honda Pilot EX with Honda Sensing if you feel you need it (don't go base LX), the Toyota Highlander (hybrid is much more expensive but very nice if you want to consider it), and maybe the Nissan Pathfinder.

The point of a mid-sized SUV with 3rd-row capacity is to comfortably transport 7 or 8 fully grown adults from one place to another. Most of those "crossovers" that branch in the mid-size SUV range like the Kia Sorento, Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Santa Fe, have extremely cramped 3rd rows that are only for children. And they have hardly any space behind that 3rd row.

Performance and looks-wise, I'd take the Honda Pilot EX front wheel drive. The great thing about it is that it's so light that AWD isn't needed. Plus you live in L.A. where it never snows. And the EX has really great features for being only the second trim level, as well as the 8" infotainment system. EX-L just gives you useless crap like heated steering wheels and heated 2nd-row seats. The Pilot basically an Acura MDX under the hood. It's an actual mid-sized SUV meant to carry around 8 people comfortably while maintaining that aggressive crossover look.

And not to mention it's gotten positive reviews from essentially every car rating system out there.
      Last edited by Nubia; 05-30-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
        Honda Pilot or Acura MDX
        pilot is within the price range, acura MDX isn't. love the look of the MDX though.
        Originally posted by Syf View Post
        For a daycare you can always go with a 3500 econoline

4 rows.. seats 11 bench seat style... or if you go for capain chairs it'll go 8. I have one of these too. Picked it up exclusively for trips and vacations to gI've the fam space to stretch out. Lots of storage space and has good handling for a van.. its essentially a truck... I like it more than an suv in some ways
        good suggestion but it will also be used as a family car so the van won't do us good. plus my mom is a bad driver,she will be side swiping cars left and right with that gigantic thing.
        Originally posted by New England View Post
        don't buy a new car. shop around for a while, even give a dealer a heads up for the actions, about a lightly used car. it takes a while to find them, but they're like gold in teh auto industry. it literally takes an engine a few thousand miles to start breaking it in. 20-30K milage is nothign on a well maintained car, and you really don't have to maintain much in the first 20-30 K. oil changes, etc.

i've been in the nissan exterra for about a week on a vacation, and it was a nice car. got a jeep renegade for a week and a half recently, and it was f#cking pathetic. nothing about that car was well designed or made. felt like a group of freshman undergrads in a design class got a chance to make a car.

other than that i've got nothign. i drive hatchbacks. subaru makes a safe, dependable, AWD wagon called the outback, which should be around the same size, and is probably available with third row seating. if you life in an area with snow they're amazing cars to have when the weather is bad. but they're getting expensive, like all cars, to repair. and they're in a lawsuit for designing engines that burn oil, and fighting tooth and nail to deny it [] so there's also that.
        no, i dont want a used car. and you must have missed the part where i said it needs 3rd row capacity.
        Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        Don't listen to these used car guys, that's all they've ever owned.

Eliminate all the crap from your line up and narrow it down to the top of the line mid-sized SUVs within the 3rd-row group.

I'd go with the Honda Pilot EX with Honda Sensing if you feel you need it (don't go base LX), the Toyota Highlander (hybrid is much more expensive but very nice if you want to consider it), and maybe the Nissan Pathfinder.

The point of a mid-sized SUV with 3rd-row capacity is to comfortably transport 7 or 8 fully grown adults from one place to another. Most of those "crossovers" that branch in the mid-size SUV range like the Kia Sorento, Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Santa Fe, have extremely cramped 3rd rows that are only for children. And they have hardly any space behind that 3rd row.

Performance and looks-wise, I'd take the Honda Pilot EX front wheel drive. The great thing about it is that it's so light that AWD isn't needed. Plus you live in L.A. where it never snows. And the EX has really great features for being only the second trim level, as well as the 8" infotainment system. EX-L just gives you useless crap like heated steering wheels and heated 2nd-row seats. The Pilot basically an Acura MDX under the hood. It's an actual mid-sized SUV meant to carry around 8 people comfortably while maintaining that aggressive crossover look.

And not to mention it's gotten positive reviews from essentially every car rating system out there.
        thank you, this is exactly what i was looking for. i've officially narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot EX, Toyota highlander (non hybrid, too expenisve), and possible the 2017 Mazda CX-9 when it comes out. i've ruled out the pathfinder, sorento, sante fe and everything else.

Comment

i really wanted to like the american options like the new 2016 Dodge Durango and the Ford Explorer but these options are more expensive, have less MPG and are much heavier vehicles with ****ty 3rd row capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
            pilot is within the price range, acura MDX isn't. love the look of the MDX though.

good suggestion but it will also be used as a family car so the van won't do us good. plus my mom is a bad driver,she will be side swiping cars left and right with that gigantic thing.

no, i dont want a used car. and you must have missed the part where i said it needs 3rd row capacity.

thank you, this is exactly what i was looking for. i've officially narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot EX, Toyota highlander (non hybrid, too expenisve), and possible the 2017 Mazda CX-9 when it comes out. i've ruled out the pathfinder, sorento, sante fe and everything else.

why? have you never bought a car with low milage? the only problem with buying low milage cars is that they're tough to find. why are they tough to find? because they're f#cking gold, brih. you get more car for the money. a lot more. you can save money, or you can get more car.

engines take 5-10 k miles just for the metal to "break in." let somebody else drive the car off of the lot.

subaru forester, brih. 3rd row all damn day for the full squad!

Comment

LOL true that
              My wife can't drive the van or an RV or a moving truck. I always have to drive those. With me though all I have to do is learn the dimensions of the vehicle and then I can whip it around just like a car. Well not a giant-ass RV or moving truck but certainly the van.

Comment

why? have you never bought a car with low milage? the only problem with buying low milage cars is that they're tough to find. why are they tough to find? because they're f#cking gold, brih. you get more car for the money. a lot more. you can save money, or you can get more car.

engines take 5-10 k miles just for the metal to "break in." let somebody else drive the car off of the lot.

subaru forester, brih. 3rd row all damn day for the full squad!
                have u seen the style of the older crossovers with 3rd rows? there ugly as hell. we want something that looks good on top of working like a champ.

Comment

have u seen the style of the older crossovers with 3rd rows? there ugly as hell. we want something that looks good on top of working like a champ.

you want andre ward in vehicle form.

Comment

you want andre ward in vehicle form.

exactly fam! except i think comparing ward to a honda is a disservise to him. he's more like a souped up BMW X series with high end trim.

what i'm looking for is more or less a chino maidana that fought broner and floyd #1. rough, rugged, beastly powerful with a strong everlasting engine and sexyness.

Comment

i'll be testing driving a 2016 honda pilot tomorrow after my post OP check up.

what are some of the things i should be checking for?

also, it says it has pandora and other online capable stuff within the 8" infotainment system. i don't understand how this works though, how does it get internet connection? do you have to pay for some type of service or does it run through your phones 3g or what? i don't understand. i would love to have pandora in my car doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X