No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Thomas Oosthuizen at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Was Dzinziruk's career better or worse after he fought Sergio?

Is Proksa's future career better or worse now?

Oosthuizen is still young and improving. HBO wouldn't want to put Mitchell and Wilder in with Wladimir in 2012 would they? They are older than Oosthuizen. But the decision-makers at HBO realize they would be ruined by a KO loss early in their career.
    Dzinziruk is in his mid 30's and has been a champion at 154 for years. Proska and Golovkin was a legit matchup between two top 10 middleweights. So it's HBO's fault that Golovkin blasted him outta there in 5 or 6 rounds whatever it was?

I don't see how you can compare Wilder and Mitchell to two guys who have been established as top 10 contenders in their respective divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      No MW for GGG? Eh it feels forced and there are bettet matchups for both.
      Tommy is better than any MW matchup that could be made for January right now.
      I don't know if Pirog is ready by then and none of the other MW champs will be down to fight him by then, if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
        Dzinziruk is in his mid 30's and has been a champion at 154 for years.
        Then why did they make him wait so long for a fight? Then why did HBO demand he move up, why not have him fight one of the many 154 contenders?

Proska and Golovkin was a legit matchup between two top 10 middleweights. So it's HBO's fault that Golovkin blasted him outta there in 5 or 6 rounds whatever it was?
        No, but it was too early for Proksa.

I don't see how you can compare Wilder and Mitchell to two guys who have been established as top 10 contenders in their respective divisions.
        I didn't. Read my post again, more carefully PLEASE:

I said "Oosthuizen is still young and improving. HBO wouldn't want to put Mitchell and Wilder in with Wladimir in 2012 would they? They are older than Oosthuizen. But the decision-makers at HBO realize they would be ruined by a KO loss early in their career."

Although he's younger, Oosthuizen has had about the same number of fights at 168 than Wilder and Mitchell have at HW (although he's not been as pampered and over-protected) and is really no more established than they are.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Tommy is better than any MW matchup that could be made for January right now.
          I don't know if Pirog is ready by then and none of the other MW champs will be down to fight him by then, if ever.
          They could put Quillen, or perhaps Chavez or Sturm in with Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            They could put Quillen, or perhaps Chavez or Sturm in with Golovkin.
            I literally lol'd at all of them.
            How long has Sturm avoided his mando?
            Chavez isn't going to fight Golovkin for sure and Peter already denied a challenge from Golovkin for his belt earlier this year.
            Peter is already playing the "name game"

Comment

Regardless of size Golovkin still smashes Thomas.

Comment

GGG needs to stay at 160. I love his willingness to fight anyone but seriously, he's just too small for 168. I see no point in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                  Regardless of size Golovkin still smashes Thomas.
                  True, but it's not good for Golovkin to move up and then back down weight divisions. Boxers' punch resistance seems to deteriorate when they move up and down weight divisions.

There's plenty of people for him to fight at 160 and 154.

Kirkland, Lara, Mayweather, Macklin, Sturm, Lee, Sergio, Chavez, Quillen, Geale, Murray, Cotto, Alvarez, Spinks, Bundrage, Trout, Pirog, N'Jikam, etc.

I know some of these have ducked GGG in the past, but I'm sure at least one of them would do it if the fight's on HBO and for good $$$. Murray and Pirog say they are willing to fight GGG.
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                    GGG needs to stay at 160. I love his willingness to fight anyone but seriously, he's just too small for 168. I see no point in this fight.
                    THIS ^^^^^

Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                      Didn't he say he can make 154?
                      I'd be surprised if he still can and still went up to 168

Comment

Working...
                      X