Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we all forgetting what we saw last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we all forgetting what we saw last night?

Coming into the fight I had Golovkin by KO and bet my remaining paycheck on him but Danny gave him that good work. That aside, He looked massive compared to Golovkin and I'm wondering if anybody had the official weights the night of the fight?

Yeah, Golovkin is tiny, how in the he'll people want him to move up is beyond me.

Comment

I've been saying for years I'd feel more comfortable if GG was at 154. He'd be doing what all fighters do in boxing basically, by fighting at 154.

But he wants greatness, and he made himself a MW for the last decade. Hell, one of the best MW title reigns ever!

I have no doubts he'll move up eventually to 168, after Canelo.... But it's crazy to think the legacy he will carve up there when you take into account that this is a natural 154lb fighter moving up 14 pounds!!!!!

gg is the gift that keeps on giving for boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
        Yeah, Golovkin is tiny, how in the he'll people want him to move up is beyond me.
        How is a fighter that puts on 10+ lbs after the weigh-in tiny?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          I've been saying for years I'd feel more comfortable if GG was at 154. He'd be doing what all fighters do in boxing basically, by fighting at 154.

But he wants greatness, and he made himself a MW for the last decade. Hell, one of the best MW title reigns ever!

I have no doubts he'll move up eventually to 168, after Canelo.... But it's crazy to think the legacy he will carve up there when you take into account that this is a natural 154lb fighter moving up 14 pounds!!!!!

A fighter that's never fought below 160 is now a natural 154 fighter. A fighter that puts on 10+lbs and enters the ring over 170 is a natural 154 fighter.

You are a ****ing ******, no other way to describe you.

Comment

I had Jacobs on points before the fight started, but it was not a secure bet at all so I backed it up with a bet on GGG on KO. GGG's all around value fell a lot after yesterday, but I would also say I am also impressed by him, as he is the real deal. We all knew he would have problems with a slippery guy like Jacobs. I've always felt that whenever GGG meets someone who can box, he would get trapped down the line. Jacobs is also the real deal and both fighters could've won last night, but while Jacobs value skyrockets on a loss, GGG's value falls, even in victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              I had Jacobs on points before the fight started, but it was not a secure bet at all so I backed it up with a bet on GGG on KO. GGG's all around value fell a lot after yesterday, but I would also say I am also impressed by him, as he is the real deal. We all knew he would have problems with a slippery guy like Jacobs. I've always felt that whenever GGG meets someone who can box, he would get trapped down the line. Jacobs is also the real deal and both fighters could've won last night, but while Jacobs value skyrockets on a loss, GGG's value falls, even in victory.
              Yeah I bet for him to win by ko in 1 bet and in thr 6th round in another. Basically lost all my money.

Comment

Earlier in his career I think he could done 154 and been strong. Not now though. Harder for guys in their mid 30s to play the drastic weight cut/rehydrate 15+ lbs game though.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
                  A fighter that's never fought below 160 is now a natural 154 fighter. A fighter that puts on 10+lbs and enters the ring over 170 is a natural 154 fighter.

You are a ****ing ******, no other way to describe you.

He's been at 160 since the beginning. that's my point. He can easily have been a 154lber his whole career

See: Canelo

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Earlier in his career I think he could done 154 and been strong. Not now though. Harder for guys in their mid 30s to play the drastic weight cut/rehydrate 15+ lbs game though.
                  Yeah, that's true. I definitely don't think he should move down to 154 at this point or anything, obviously

Comment

He's been at 160 since the beginning. that's my point. He can easily have been a 154lber his whole career

See: Canelo

Yeah, that's true. I definitely don't think he should move down to 154 at this point or anything, obviously
                    Canelo started at 140 and went up in weight, i have yet to see ggg move up or down 1 pound. ..

Comment

Working...
                    X