Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad vs Brook @ 160 / Who ya gotz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trinidad punches harder than golovkin at 160 lbs. some of you guys won't believe me, but you probably don't know tito trinidad very well, either. i think the "average" punch that golovkn throws is harder, mostly because he's bigger, but i'd rather get hit by the bomb from golovkin than i would by the bomb from trinidad.

felix trinidad was one of the hardest punchers i have ever seen. at any weight. holy f#ck could that guy punch.

brook wouldn't be able to hold trinidad off. he's too tall to clinch, and hits too hard and would have too much handspeed / explosiveness for brook to back him up with power. the trinidad that fought joppy would beat the heck out of brook.

Comment

Trinidad's boxing skills are underrated, primarily because folks always laud his power and rightfully so. But the Tito who fought up until Vargas, let's say, was a well-schooled, relentless technician with murderous fists. It often took him a couple rounds to size up his opponent--which led to him getting floored several times--but once he sized you up, had circled you long enough to figure out how to set up his shots, it was a wrap. And his chin was rock solid in spite of those knockdowns.

By the time Tito fought Hops he was way too in love with his power and the extra weight really hampered his movement. Wouldn't have mattered as Bernard was just the better all-around fighter but I question the boxing knowledge of those who compare one of the greatest fighters of the modern era to a guy who barely won a belt at 147 against someone Tito would have knocked out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Trinidad's boxing skills are underrated, primarily because folks always laud his power and rightfully so. But the Tito who fought up until Vargas, let's say, was a well-schooled, relentless technician with murderous fists. It often took him a couple rounds to size up his opponent--which led to him getting floored several times--but once he sized you up, had circled you long enough to figure out how to set up his shots, it was a wrap. And his chin was rock solid in spite of those knockdowns.

By the time Tito fought Hops he was way too in love with his power and the extra weight really hampered his movement. Wouldn't have mattered as Bernard was just the better all-around fighter but I question the boxing knowledge of those who compare one of the greatest fighters of the modern era to a guy who barely won a belt at 147 against someone Tito would have knocked out of the ring.
        one dude said at 147 brook and at 160 tito gets the nod

Comment

How is this poll so close lol. People have some really short memories around here

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            he's back with the hashtags
            Bro, he is a kinky little b i tch. He likes to be verbally abused by older men named Crusha.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
              How is this poll so close lol. People have some really short memories around here
              It's a testament to the age of some of these poster's. Most of these clowns will remember their favorite episode of Teletubbies before they would remember an ATG in Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                trinidad punches harder than golovkin at 160 lbs. some of you guys won't believe me, but you probably don't know tito trinidad very well, either. i think the "average" punch that golovkn throws is harder, mostly because he's bigger, but i'd rather get hit by the bomb from golovkin than i would by the bomb from trinidad.

felix trinidad was one of the hardest punchers i have ever seen. at any weight. holy f#ck could that guy punch.

brook wouldn't be able to hold trinidad off. he's too tall to clinch, and hits too hard and would have too much handspeed / explosiveness for brook to back him up with power. the trinidad that fought joppy would beat the heck out of brook.
                trinidad lost to hopkins, though. also, brook went 5 rounds before his corner stopped the fight prematurely. sooooooo brook > tito

Comment

Brooks would destroy Cheato. Cheato was nothing without his illegal wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    Brook wins, clearly at 147 and scrapes a win at 160
                    Brook at 147? lol

Comment

Haha, shit. Tito and easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X