Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez can fight Pac at 150, but can't fight Kirkland at 154????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    But money wasn't the issue when Martinez called out Mayweather. He'd basically fight Mayweather for free. By the time Martinez paid his trainer, promoter, cut man and manager, he'd make more money fighting Kirkland than Mayweather.
    He wants Floyd in 80-20 split of the revenue. Taking 20% of the revenue is a Floyd fight is much much more money than it is fighting Kirkland. Not only that the exposure if he wins is much much more greater. Where the next fight will guarantee big money. Something that a Kirkland fight doesn't. So he is calling Floyd out not only for big money. But, also big exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
      "pac poses the least amount of threat to sergio."

no manny poses the biggest threat and kirkland is 2nd biggest threat !!!!!!!!! why because manny is accosted to fighting bigger fighters !!!!!! when he demolished margarita he was outweighted by alot of pounds !!!! but it didnt stop manny from destroying the the same guy that beat the bike rider !!!!!!!!
      @27 this is the kind of idiots that you need to put on ignore. So they won't fill your threads up with their ******ation.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        He wants Floyd in 80-20 split of the revenue. Taking 20% of the revenue is a Floyd fight is much much more money than it is fighting Kirkland. Not only that the exposure if he wins is much much more greater. Where the next fight will guarantee big money. Something that a Kirkland fight doesn't. So he is calling Floyd out not only for big money. But, also big exposure.
        How much do you think Sergio would make from fighting Chavez Jr?

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
          "pac poses the least amount of threat to sergio."

no manny poses the biggest threat and kirkland is 2nd biggest threat !!!!!!!!! why because manny is accosted to fighting bigger fighters !!!!!! when he demolished margarita he was outweighted by alot of pounds !!!! but it didnt stop manny from destroying the the same guy that beat the bike rider !!!!!!!!
          the biggest threat? and as usual, in a matter of 1 sentence, you jus embarrassed yourself. its not like you lost any credibility, cause you dont have any left, but stop posting garbage trying to be funny...

pac poses absolutely zero threat to sergio, ZERO. all the roids in the world wouldnt help manny against sergio. everyone knows its true, even pac fans

Comment

Since Kirklands comeback he has had 5 fights at MW and 1 at JMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              @27 this is the kind of idiots that you need to put on ignore. So they won't fill your threads up with their ******ation.
              they'll find another way, believe me. thats the beauty of alts. they'll always find a way to get their ******ation here one way or another. this guys is one of them thats on another level of it though...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                How much do you think Sergio would make from fighting Chavez Jr?
                Can't give you an exact figure. But, more than he would make with Kirkland don't you agree? Kirkland is the better fight. But, Chavez is the better draw. Chavez for weak ass fights brings in not only good ratings but a damn good gate. His fight with Rubio it was a million dollar gate. And, lots of fans.

Plus it would be a weight where Martinez is more comfortable in. For all this talk that Martinez is a small MW. Which is true he is also a comfortable MW. At 154 he might have to struggle to make. And, I think he wants the reward(money) for that struggle.

It's very lame but I think he would go to 154 for Cotto if he beats Floyd and Canelo.

Comment

i think this whole "martinez will go down to 150" is just a trick. it's just a strategy by martinez's camp to lure either pac or floyd to get interested to negotiate. if they can get them to negotiate, that's the time they will ask for a higher weight. or maybe he will try to make it just to get more money but he won't be able to fight in good condition that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    No.....just no.

Forget the money even, do you understand the difference in significance between those two fights?
                    Sure I do.

But in all honesty Dirk, at this point in my life, I'm tired of the flip flops.

I understand Sergio called out Pac/Mayweather. Hell, I even agreed that Pac/Mayweather should fight him at 154. But if he can't get the fight, move on.

Don't sit up here and act like fighting Barker and Macklin at 160 is better than fighting Kirkland at 154. Forget those titles. Hell, if we're talking about titles, Martinez should've fought Sturm. But instead, Martinez fought Macklin because most felt Macklin beat Sturm. Kudos to Martinez for doing the right thing. But what he's doing now is like taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Here's how I see it. Kirkland is a better fighter than Macklin and Barker. Just because he lost to Ishida, I feel like everyone's using that as an excuse to not even give the man a chance. So what he's not some cash cow.

Do you think Mayweather and Pac have always been cash cow's their entire career? No, someone gave them an opportunity and they made the best of it.

Kirkland has the type of fight style to be a star. All he needs is a chance. This BS about Martinez can't fight Mayweather/Pac, so it's ok for him to fight Barker, Macklin and Cotto, but not ok to fight Kirkland is BS.

If Floyd or Pac did it, I would say the same exact thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      the biggest threat? and as usual, in a matter of 1 sentence, you jus embarrassed yourself. its not like you lost any credibility, cause you dont have any left, but stop posting garbage trying to be funny...

pac poses absolutely zero threat to sergio, ZERO. all the roids in the world wouldnt help manny against sergio. everyone knows its true, even pac fans
                      To be fair, your last paragraph is just as stupid. Maybe at 154 he doesn't since the size might be too much. But, 150 not only does Pac have a chance but IMO would win. Just a better overall fighter. And, considering that Martinez would be weight drained then the probability goes up even more. So to say that Kirkland has a better chance against a still good Martinez than what Pac has against a possible drained Martinez. Is pretty asinine.

Comment

Working...
                      X