Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather be physically gifted or mentally gifted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather be physically gifted or mentally gifted?

I have been wondering this subject all day for no particular reason, but it has made me think and I was just curious to see the opinion of the forum.

In my mind it is very impressive to master either aspect of our being, and I think they deserve equal respect... thoughts?

People who are physically gifted are often celebrated.

People who are mentally gift are usually misunderstood.

I prefer to be a little of both.

Comment

Mentally

Its just something that will probably last you a life time, your mind

Be physically gift and then blow out your knee and see what happens

Comment

Do you mean endowed by physcally gifted Guess I wouldn't have asked if I was mentally gifted.

I would take mentally gifted.

Comment

What do you mean by physically or mentally gifted btw?

Like Lebron james physically and bill gates mentally or a lesser gifted?

Comment

Balance isn't everything, it's the only thing. ying and yang, apollo and dionysus whatever you want to call it

Comment

physically... like ray robinson, michael jordan or those chinese ping pong players...

Comment

Mentally gifted. Would make things a lot easier imo. As someone said, if you're physically gifted and you blow out your knee, what's gonna happen to that gift?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  What do you mean by physically or mentally gifted btw?

Like Lebron james physically and bill gates mentally or a lesser gifted?
                  Yeah in a nutshell.

Like whats more impressive to you, someone who is a physical specimen or a mental specimen.

I know its not really a fair question because it is apples and oranges. It just recently has been in my mind in that people (like Gates or Hawking) who are genius' of the mind seem to get held at a higher respect then people who are genius' of the body(Usain Bolt or Lebron James), if you will.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that physical specimens are looked at more of a novelty, rather than what they should be seen as which (in my mind) is amazing feats of human evolution, like the great thinkers are.

I feel like I'm just rambling and making incoherent thoughts right now, which I probably am lol, but it just sparked some thought in my head.

Comment

I would stick with mentally, you can train physically.

Comment

Working...
                    X