No announcement yet.

What to make of Spences win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I mean it was his mando so he had to fight this sh^tty dude or he loses his title. He KO'd him in 1. Can't KO a mfer in 0 so thats about the best he can do. Its a w/e bs nothing forgetable fight & it kinda sucks he had to waste his time having this fight. Idk that there is much to take away from this.

Hopefully he faces Vargas next as he's a better name guy & then hurries up & gets to a more interesting fight vs the Porter vs Garcia winner who should be on tap for early 2019.

Maybe Thurman is in action & will stop bsing & we can get Thurman vs Spence in the summer or before the end of 2019 at least.

The future is about the only thing thats been exciting with Spence since he beat Brook. They need to get my man in some bigger fights & keep him more active if these bs fights are what he's up to. Spence should be fighting 3 times a year every year right now.
    im surprised the skinny tooth pick teenager didn't collapse during the ring walk. ko 0

Comment

spence beat brook who everyone knew he could not make 147 anymore
      pre brook he fought ..no one
      since he beat brook he has fought ..

the true facts are spence is getting more responce on here & social networks but the problem is its not from fighting quality foes..its the opposite .

Comment

I knew Ocampo had no chance in hell but C'mon!

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

I knew Ocampo had no chance in hell but C'mon!
          its the ward-kovalev precedent. i think a lot of these a-side fighters are finally realizing its open season and the rules do not actually apply(for them) there is too much money to be made. if the speed limit says 65 but you know the cops will never stop you. how fast are you going to go?
          Last edited by daggum; 06-19-2018, 02:35 AM.

Comment

All Spence's win means is that he isn't a scared lil schoolgirl like g. He had to fight Ocampo and he did.

Spence's fights against Brook proved a lot. His win against Peterson, proved it wasn't a fluke. His win against Ocampo simply proved he can ko Mr. Ocampo in one round. That's what it proved. That's what it means.

Spence is my favorite active fighter, but it pissed me off big time that he didn't fight Ocampo until six months after beating Peterson. I mean, damn, Errol barely broke a sweat against Peterson, he coulda fought Ocampo a week later. The Haymon haters are usually rather ridiculous with blatant double standards, but the one truth they mention is Haymon fighters are not nearly as active as they should be. I get it, it is boxing and one punch could end a fight at anytime. The top guys don't want to risk a Buster Douglas moment. But the only way Tyson got the rep he did and the popularity he did, was by ko'ing someone every single month of the year. And until Garcia, Porter, Thurman, or Bud steps up to the plate Spence should be doing the same thing.

The IBF doesn't have any dangerous ww ranked. Spence should literally try to beat all top 15 IBF welterweights in one calendar year. I would bet a good amount of money he could do it. And he would probably ko all of them too. His fight against Ocampo was like one round of sparring. He could, and should, ko Ugas within the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
              All Spence's win means is that he isn't a scared lil schoolgirl like g. He had to fight Ocampo and he did.

Spence's fights against Brook proved a lot. His win against Peterson, proved it wasn't a fluke. His win against Ocampo simply proved he can ko Mr. Ocampo in one round. That's what it proved. That's what it means.

Spence is my favorite active fighter, but it pissed me off big time that he didn't fight Ocampo until six months after beating Peterson. I mean, damn, Errol barely broke a sweat against Peterson, he coulda fought Ocampo a week later. The Haymon haters are usually rather ridiculous with blatant double standards, but the one truth they mention is Haymon fighters are not nearly as active as they should be. I get it, it is boxing and one punch could end a fight at anytime. The top guys don't want to risk a Buster Douglas moment. But the only way Tyson got the rep he did and the popularity he did, was by ko'ing someone every single month of the year. And until Garcia, Porter, Thurman, or Bud steps up to the plate Spence should be doing the same thing.

The IBF doesn't have any dangerous ww ranked. Spence should literally try to beat all top 15 IBF welterweights in one calendar year. I would bet a good amount of money he could do it. And he would probably ko all of them too. His fight against Ocampo was like one round of sparring. He could, and should, ko Ugas within the month.
              I was happy Spence beat Brook, I mean I'm red, white and blue all the way!

But a lot of people in the UK see it differently!
              I'm just saying!

Last edited by TJ highway; 06-19-2018, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Like i said before, it was just as impressive as GGG beating Wade

Comment

Working...
                X