No announcement yet.

*** The Official 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    In that series Kobe went for: 15ppg (37%), 4rpg and 4 apg.

Shaq went for 38ppg (61%), 16rpg, and 2apg.

Thats not what you call a sidekick?
    All I know is Kobe single handedly won a game in that series in OT with Shaq on the bench, must be some "side kick". Kobe was also playing on a bum ankle that he hurt early in the series.

Comment

• This is funny, I mean Kobe and Shaq were arguably the best 2 players in the league during their 3 peat. Trying to equate Kobe to being Shaq's Pippen is sadly mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
        Use your common sense, it's not THAT hard. Kobe is every bit as responsible as Shaq for that 3 peat. People who just look at stats to justify a point are mistaken. Hell if you look up their playoff averages Kobe probably isn't even far behind. Finals MVP is overrated imo. Trying to diminish Kobe is idiotic. I watched the games, I vividly remember Kobe KILLING the Spurs when the Lakers swept the Spurs in 2001. There were times during that 3 peat when Kobe outperformed Shaq.
        Im sorry its just not the case.

Im not just using numbers. Im telling you what you obviously missed. Teams were focusing all of their energy on stopping Shaq. They flat out had 2 guys on him and a third was ready to come over. Thats why they built the Lakers to have shooters to take advantage. Fisher, Horry, George, Fox, Harper... All of them were eating off those wide open looks/lanes thanks to Shaq. Kobe took his man one on one, which he was already great at, but why did teams leave him in one on ones?

If you can find just one series where you can show me that the other team focused on Kobe more then Shaq Ill gladly STFU.

Shaq was unstoppable. Thats what made the Lakers the best team during those years.

During the 3-peat, Kobe was not yet the player he would eventually turn out to be. There is no shame in admitting that. However, even at his best, Kobe wasnt the game-changer that Shaq was in his prime.
        Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 06-12-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
          Lol at calling Kobe Bryant a "side kick" that's Roman Reigns level dumb. Did you even watch those Laker 3 peat teams? Kobe often dominated as much as Shaq especially in the Western Conference playoffs. Ask the Kings, Spurs, Blazers, etc if Kobe was some "side kick" goodness that is sooooooo cringe worthy
          Dude it’s so hard listening to these dumb ****s talk. Children should not talk when not spoken to.

Comment

Im not just using numbers. Im telling you what you obviously missed. Teams were focusing all of their energy on stopping Shaq. They flat out had 2 guys on him and a third was ready to come over. Thats why they built the Lakers to have shooters to take advantage. Fisher, Horry, George, Fox, Harper... All of them were eating off those wide open looks/lanes thanks to Shaq. Kobe took his man one on one, which he was already great at, but why did teams leave him in one on ones?

If you can find just one series where you can show me that the other team focused on Kobe more then Shaq Ill gladly STFU.

Shaq was unstoppable. Thats what made the Lakers the best team during those years.

During the 3-peat, Kobe was not yet the player he would eventually turn out to be. There is no shame in admitting that. However, even at his best, Kobe wasnt the game-changer that Shaq was in his prime.
            You’re upset. You fell in love with leb*tch and then learned how much of a b*tch he really was.

Not your entire life is trying to defend such ridiculousness. Let me give you some help: the **** ain’t working....

Comment

• Lebron is staying in Cleveland. Almost 95% sure. Only other place he goes is LA just because he wants to go there not because they stand much of a chance. Even if next year would fail stars would come to LA if Lebron is already there since he makes them a playoff team by himself

Comment

Yes, look at how Shaq "carried" Kobe in this video. All the attention was on Shaq

Comment

• Greatest "side kick" of all time

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X