Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Golovkin Must Accept 57.5-42.5 By Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a great offer, but it's the best GGG is gonna get from Oscar. He should accept and beat the **** out of Canelo in September #NoDraw #NoTrilogy

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      A side can’t wait around forever. Offer isn’t changing and BBB side got his token percentage lift.
      Agree or go fight Charlo on Boxing After Dark.
      Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Very generous of GDP.

If Golovkin declines, then it's a definite duck in my eyes.
      Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      That’s a good deal

Gennady should jump on that
      Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      Honestly I'm a die hard ggg fan,and this seems like a pretty good deal tbh.
      Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Sounds like a really good offer, good for both sides that really need this fight.
      ... I see that most of you agree...

Comment

That's a good offer. GGG should take it.

Even if GGG should have won the first fight and Canelo got caught dirty and whatnot, nobody today is getting 50% v Canelo. If you can get over 40%, that's a good split.

Comment

It's more than fair.. time to seal the deal..

Comment

Comment

$70m pot = $29.75/40.25m ea. An increase of over $5m from the initial 65/35 split.

$31.5/38.5m split if was 45/55

K2 negotiations have worked so far but 2.5% ($1.75m) shouldn't be a make or break point for either side. Time for Golovkin to accept the offer & get past the negotiation drama.

That being said, if the pot increases up & past $100m the numbers really do increase & could double that amount but we have to go off what the buy rate was last time.

Don't get greedy Golovkin, take the money & then make a statement in the ring!
              Last edited by S7V7N; 06-12-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

That is a great offer if true. Am glad they this offer acknowledges the issue of Canelo failing a drug test. Which means GGG missed out on a payday and his expenses.

Comment

I think this is a pretty good offer. Hopefully G knows this is as far as he can push it. Would be a shame for the fight to fall over over 2%

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    BREAKING: Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez told ESPN on Tuesday that the company has issued unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin a firm deadline of 12 p.m. PT on Wednesday to accept the offer they have made for a rematch against Canelo Alvarez on Sept. 15 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Golovkin initially agreed to a 65-35 deal in Alvarez’s favor and then changed his mind and demanded 50-50. Golden Boy eventually relented and upped its offer to 60-40 with GGG countering at 55-45. Gomez said the final offer is a 57½-42½ split in Alvarez’s favor. Gomez said ff Golovkin walks away from the deal he will look to finalize a deal for Alvarez to face Daniel Jacobs on that date instead. “This is final,” Gomez said. “We’ve been through everything. We’ve been through the hoops, the monkey bars, the slides. No more playing games. He has until noon (PT) to accept or walk away. If he walks away, good luck to him.”

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40021943-4
                    It is a good offer and Golovkin should take it. I said weeks ago that this is where it might settle. 40 bottom, no more than 45%.

If Golovkin does take it he won, he got more than 7% what he did for the May fight. All the chumps who said he couldn't get more, well he already has.

Make the fight and let's get on. I am glad they gave a deadline.

Comment

definitely worth taking.

Canelo could literally be found injecting nandrolone into his testicle in a public park and you'd be lucky to get over 40%.

Come on GGG, stop whinging and take the best split anyones gonna have against canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X