No announcement yet.

Usyk-Gassiev planned for July 21st, Location TBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
    during Germanys glory days, fights were broadcasted on two of Germanys big channels (rtl and sat1) and also on the state channel (ard) with good budgets for the fights.

at that time sturm, braehmer, stieglitz, Abraham, Sylvester, huck, hernandez and klitschko were regularly featured.

the current crop disappointed. zeuge and feigenbutz are weak, many of the guys they were building up haven't impressed and the established guys are in their way out.
    sauerland also only has a very small time deal with the channel sport1, which should be similar to bounce lol.

dazn features international fights but still not really often.
    Ran fighting, another streaming platform, have the rights for the wbss tournament and they charge ppv money to watch the fights.

that's Germanys boxing landscape at the moment.
    Right thats pretty dire. Its sad that one of the biggest fight in boxing has trouble finding a host. Guess they have to try looking in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      during Germanys glory days, fights were broadcasted on two of Germanys big channels (rtl and sat1) and also on the state channel (ard) with good budgets for the fights.

at that time sturm, braehmer, stieglitz, Abraham, Sylvester, huck, hernandez and klitschko were regularly featured.

the current crop disappointed. zeuge and feigenbutz are weak, many of the guys they were building up haven't impressed and the established guys are in their way out.
      sauerland also only has a very small time deal with the channel sport1, which should be similar to bounce lol.

dazn features international fights but still not really often.
      Ran fighting, another streaming platform, have the rights for the wbss tournament and they charge ppv money to watch the fights.

that's Germanys boxing landscape at the moment.
      Great analysis, thank you. Do you think all it needs is an influx of talent to turn it around again or will it take something more in your opinion? Germany is interesting to me because it's the only proven place outside the US where you can build fighters from other countries into big stars. I'd almost completely forgotten about Yoan Pablo Hernandez. I hope Germany can see a resurgence in good fighters and big fights, I still view it as the heart of boxing in mainland Europe, which itself seems to be struggling a bit right now. Poland's top guys are near the end of the line, nothing big in Italy or Spain atm, maybe the French are laying the foundations with guys like Yoka and Cissokho, time will tell. Not even many big fights coming out of Russia right now, Europe has to get back on the ball, the Brits are holding a conglomerate right now in comparison to the rest of the continent.

Comment

Next season they need to get people to agree on where they are & aren't willing to fight out of the gate. This is f#cking stupid with venues being flipped all over the globe for this reason & that reason. Just f#cking fight mfers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Next season they need to get people to agree on where they are & aren't willing to fight out of the gate. This is f#cking stupid with venues being flipped all over the globe for this reason & that reason. Just f#cking fight mfers!!!
          I agree. Choose the main venue, as well as backup venue(s) up front, so if anything comes up requiring to change plans, plan B will already be thought out.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Do it in Crimea, winner gets the whole region
            Not too bad, comrade. I very feel this plan.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight. Don't care where it is.

Saudi Arabia would be an interesting place to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
                Can't wait for this fight. Don't care where it is.

Saudi Arabia would be an interesting place to have it.
                I think it was supposed to be in Jedda yes?

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Great analysis, thank you. Do you think all it needs is an influx of talent to turn it around again or will it take something more in your opinion? Germany is interesting to me because it's the only proven place outside the US where you can build fighters from other countries into big stars. I'd almost completely forgotten about Yoan Pablo Hernandez. I hope Germany can see a resurgence in good fighters and big fights, I still view it as the heart of boxing in mainland Europe, which itself seems to be struggling a bit right now. Poland's top guys are near the end of the line, nothing big in Italy or Spain atm, maybe the French are laying the foundations with guys like Yoka and Cissokho, time will tell. Not even many big fights coming out of Russia right now, Europe has to get back on the ball, the Brits are holding a conglomerate right now in comparison to the rest of the continent.
                  I think so. The big tv channels are not in the business of building up prospects. Even when the big guys fought, they never cared a little bit about the undercard, they just broadcasted only the main event.

If they are able to snatch some world titles and look decent doing so (unlike Zeuge), they should get a new and better tv deal again.
                  You are right with germany showcasing foreign fighters, but only if they are living in germany and most of the time have to adapt a german sounding name lol.

Adnan Catic became Felix Sturm,
                  Avetik Abrahamyan became Arthur Abraham,
                  Muamer Hukic became Marco Huck.

I would think if a charismatic german-turkish fighter comes along who aligns himself with one of the "ghetto"rappers, he could become an instant star, because we have a big population who have a turkish background.
                  Super limited Avni Yildrim had a pretty decent following in his hometown.

Comment

Working...
                  X