No announcement yet.

Just deadlifted 505

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HELLRAZAH View Post
    dont u watch any training clips? listen to interviews? or better yet, wat do u think they lift for? being at that high level, they certainly dont lift for the look and another question, do you think tyson was more powerfull pre jail or after he got out? pre jail was when he didnt touch weights and he sed it in interviews and in jail he was lifting weights
    Do you honestly believe the reason Tyson wasn't as good after jail was because he lifted weights...

Comment

He wasn't mentally there wen he got out but I think if he would of been boxing training all the time he was in there instead of lifting weights he would of kept the lightning speed he had

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        i am naturally a large man with a very large upper body. i find that weights add bulk and slows me down.

honestly though, i would never tell anybody not to lift weights I just find that for me and my body, it is more of a hindrance.

now i am large but lean and extremely flexible. i am also 37, and i do believe that lifting will be a lot more taxing on my frame than the body weight exercises that i routinely do. OH! i also feel extremely light on my feet - there's a bounce in my step that I really don't want to lose.

as you can see there is nothing truly scientific, just personal observations.
        Thanks for the reply, i am the opposite, tall and skinny, and recovering from surgery, so for me weights are great for getting back up to a reasonable size and strength

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
          Thanks for the reply, i am the opposite, tall and skinny, and recovering from surgery, so for me weights are great for getting back up to a reasonable size and strength
          don't forget to add about 1000 calories of clean foods to your diet, give or take.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZAH View Post
            He wasn't mentally there wen he got out but I think if he would of been boxing training all the time he was in there instead of lifting weights he would of kept the lightning speed he had
            Obviously, no one in here is trying to argue lifting can replace boxing training we are saying it can supplement it and help for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Obviously, no one in here is trying to argue lifting can replace boxing training we are saying it can supplement it and help for boxing.
              well it depends on how you go about your training, i havent really seen a boxer who lifts weights with lightning hand speed before

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post

Nobody cares what your record is, nobody cares how much stronger you are or how faster you happen to be or how many less injuries you have sustained because you no longer lift weights as part of your training. Still you desperately try to prove your point by pointing out a few other boxers who have had success not doing so. When there are tons of athletes and boxers who have.
                LOL. If "tons" of fighters have benefited from lifting weights, than the number of fighters who have had success while not lifting would be heavier than the mass of the Moon.

Again, this is a training and nutrition section. It's general. If someone wants to talk about their deadlift, they can. So stop crying.
                Fine. Let's talk about how to train for world class ping pong here on boxingscene.com.

Well, I have a friend who plays at Mount Union (a.k.a the most dominant football program in the NCAA the past decade and a half), and I've worked out with lots of the guys. The strongest squatter I have ever seen on there is Goff, he can squat around 530. Heaviest bencher hit 375. Same kid.

I'm not a ****ing idiot, I've been around top-tier Florida athletes my whole life. You're bull****ting.
                There is no chance in hell that Mount's top squatter only hits 530. You are full of crap. Although, if that's true, then that may start to explain why Whitewater has owned MU for the last half decade.

This thread is about DEADLIFTING. This thread literally has nothing to do with boxing, but TRAINING.
                BOXINGSCENE.COM - It's right up there in your browser bar, right next to the tab for ManOnManAction.com.

And I could have cared less about this thread until you stated that "If you are a boxer and don't lift weights, you are an idiot." You made this personal with that remark.

I hung around this thread to confirm what I already figured was the case: You're probably a lousy boxer who compensates for lack of in-ring skill by lifting heavy things and bragging about it on the interweb. When others make valid points supported by evidence, all you can do is call everyone an "Idiot". Are you sure your college is accredited?

----
                Oh yeah, I also was here for the comedy provided by the now-banned Jack3d, who says:

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                You might want to check the bass in your tone, I'm not sure you know who you're talking to.
                Bob Arum really needs to sign ZeeBrah and Jack3d to an Internet World Title match.

Peace out. I'm going to go try and curl the RED dumbbells. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BUDDDDDDDDAY!!!!!

Last edited by SBleeder; 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                  good lift. you come to a site like this talking about a plus 400 lb deadlift and you will get some haters. im at 425 myself at aboput 185 bw and ive been working at it hard for a little over a year so ya good freakin lift. and horton if you are a boxer/fighter and dont understand the importance of max strength/power then good luck lol. skillz pay the billz, but coming from a guy who was pretty weak physically but still a top amateur in florida off of counter punching/finesse for my first 6 years, it makes a big difference and i am easily a more complete fighter now that ive brought up my weak links.
                  Don't exactly know how benefitial this would be to boxers, but in olympic lifting they do lots of dead lifts combined with shrugs, both close and wide grip (one for C&J the other for snatch) - this really develops the strength in the entire body and is much harder to do than let's say powerlifter's deadlift

Comment

If "tons" of fighters have benefited from lifting weights, than the number of fighters who have had success while not lifting would be heavier than the mass of the Moon.

It's the explosive strength exercises that really help in boxing. I even know a hockey player who comes to do some Cklean and Jerk and Snatch - though his technique sucks big time - he still gets the results after which he is after...

Comment

• Think this thread has gone a bit.......woooooooooooo.

C'mon boxer's and boxing fans, okay lifting heavy weights like this guys does in deadlifts inst part of boxing training and lifting heavy weights isnt nececcarily going to assist a boxer in his training, but utlising lighter weights to perfrom certain excerzises most definately will.

Dumbells when shadowboxing, perfroming floor excersizes with lightweight's will add additional weight to your bodyweight which will help increase strength / stamina and explosiveness, could be anything, press ups, planks, sit ups, crunches, burpeess or squat jump, whatever.

Additional weight ontop of bodyweight will help, not with every exersize but with alot.

I guess even doing these excersizes with Gloves on will help.

Comment

Working...
                      X