Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Collazo against Vasquez, i realized something...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching Collazo against Vasquez, i realized something...

How tough is to get to the top of the sport.
    Collazo looked great, sharp, with good defense, a southpaw with elegant footwork, good at fighting on the ropes and smart on the exchanges, but even with all that, he never reached the top of the sport.
    But people here still thinks that they can beat a professional boxer on the level of Collazo, even when he archived more than 99% of the professional boxers.
    The sport is tough and even if you dislike a boxer, you have to be special to reach the top of the game.

Of course, unfortunately, fight fans in general are just idiots.

Comment

Luis Collazo was always a very good fighter, very underrated. He got screwed out against a prime Ricky Hatton, should have took Hatton's 0. Lost to Shane Mosley when Mosley was still relevant. Had a close fight with Andre Berto which could have gone either way, Amir Khan's style was all wrong for Collazo. And then we all saw how badly he hurt Keith Thurman before retiring from the fight. He's come up short a few times but he's also always been the opponent and still gave a great account of himself.

Comment

If Collazo didn't get shafted against Hatton, the boxing landscape would have looked pretty different today. Hatton contributed tremendously to the Pac and Mayweather PPV hype machines. But instead the Hatton-Collazo fight was swept under the rung, and people kept pretending Hatton was an amazing fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
          Luis Collazo was always a very good fighter, very underrated. He got screwed out against a prime Ricky Hatton, should have took Hatton's 0. Lost to Shane Mosley when Mosley was still relevant. Had a close fight with Andre Berto which could have gone either way, Amir Khan's style was all wrong for Collazo. And then we all saw how badly he hurt Keith Thurman before retiring from the fight. He's come up short a few times but he's also always been the opponent and still gave a great account of himself.
          Collazo said he used to use his left cross more often before the surgery. He had a Wilder type injury. But I was the very few on this forum giving Collazo props, now people are giving him credit...

The Khan bout was a total of 80 clinches. Frustrated Collazo. That same week I remember, I think it was Fight Hype, that Larry Merchant said Prize Fighting with excessive holding should be deducted points. Of course, Khan DID get a point taken away from that bout on clinching alone... Khan wouldn't be able to do such a show on Alvarez even though his effective combos and missed combos were just bouncing off Nelo.

Comment

Collazo is good, he beats 95% pro welterweights. But he is not elite, he would probably lose against any top 10 ww fighter now.

Anyway, he was robbed against Berto in 2009. He should had get WBC title than and maybe a Mayweather payday in 2010 -2011.
            Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 02-03-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

He should have gotten the nod in the Hatton and Berto fight, he' still a relevant gatekeeper and if he fought Berto again, he'd beat him more convincingly

Comment

I am not sure why it took you to last night to realize how hard this sport is, but yes, it is a very very difficult sport to make a big impact in...and any fan who claims to have the skills to beat a boxer they are watching on TV - they are either delusional or have horrible luck that they are posting on the internet and not training for fights. For what it's worth, Collazo has always been massively under rated by many fans and pundits. Very solid contender, just never had his signature moment other than maybe his KO of Ortiz or his fight with El Mago.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  Collazo said he used to use his left cross more often before the surgery. He had a Wilder type injury. But I was the very few on this forum giving Collazo props, now people are giving him credit...
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=199512

I was giving Luis Collazo props before you even knew what Boxing Scene was, pal. (Second paragraph, end of third line.)

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=199512

I was giving Luis Collazo props before you even knew what Boxing Scene was, pal. (Second paragraph, end of third line.)
                    Boxing Scene's articles can be challenged. It's writers never been in the ring... I've called out many articles as bullshıt, so ''knowing'' boxing scene's political structure is nothing to boast about.

And my statement wasn't even directed to you, pal.

Comment

Working...
                    X