Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopkins, calzaghe. slap his way to a descision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the Jones win for Calzaghe? No good? So just Kessler and Hopkins are the only good wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      What about the Jones win for Calzaghe? No good? So just Kessler and Hopkins are the only good wins.
      Jones was shot. No good.

Kessler and Hopkins are the only decent wins he has when you want to compare him to an ATG.

That's a shame really. That win over Kessler showed he was a level above him. He could well have been an ATG if he had been ready to take the risks. But he wasn't.

The win over Eubank was okay

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
        Lol, if someone offered me his whole career set for £5 i would honestly give it a miss.
        Lol exactly the same here my fellow Scotsman!

I met a bunch of boxers at the Hatton fight just past, Calzaghe was there right in front of me but i didnt even bother with him at all.....

Comment

actually Calzaghe also beat good guys like Bika, Byron Mitchell and Robin Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
            actually Calzaghe also beat good guys like Bika, Byron Mitchell and Robin Reid.
            Not exactly ATG material though is it...

Comment

thats true, Reid was his first good opponent, whom he really drew with. I recall him saying he didnt want any more tough fights like that, suggesting that he wanted to go back to facing crap opponents after Robin to stay on the safe side. Shame that was his only really legit defence seven defences into his title ownership, and his previous best prime opponent was King of Sixrounders Mario LOL Veit.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-28-2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Calzaghe never fought anyone until - EUBANK, who had by that point lost the two to Collins, got lucky on the cards getting a draw vs Benn and even drew with Ray Close.... He lost his next two fights after Joe and retired the following year. PAST IT.

He followed up his biggest win by taking on and defending his new title against the incredible Branko Sobot. In 99 he fought Robin Reid and was fortunate to get that decision, many feel it was a loss. The following year he stunk the joint out vs David Starie. Brewer sucks too before anyone mentions him.

In 03 he stopped Byron Mitchell in two but not before tasting the canvas himself and the stoppage as many Zag stoppages were, was Bull ****. Also Mitchell to put it in perspective was coming off a loss to Sven Ottke and then lost by KO in 4 to Roy Jones' plaything Richard Hall...

Jeff Lacy? Undefeated but very limited and since exposed as nothing. The hype was loud and Jeff looked the part but he never really was. Excellent performance though from Calzaghe though he should have stopped him after landing all that leather.

Kessler? His best win imo. Kessler is a top class fighter but basic and not exactly p4p material imo. Andre Ward exposed his limitations even further. (i like em though!)

Hopkins, i thought he won this. Joe landed sod all and looked like a half pissed amateur in there. Windmilling and missing badly (someone post that GIF, U know the one!) Hopkins was ancient already and didnt do **** himself but his boxing skill was higher.

Jones? Lol that was NOT Roy Jones that was his corpse! And even Roy's zombie corpse managed to drop the dude.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Calzaghe never fought anyone until - EUBANK, who had by that point lost the two to Collins, got lucky on the cards getting a draw vs Benn and even drew with Ray Close.... He lost his next two fights after Joe and retired the following year. PAST IT.

He followed up his biggest win by taking on and defending his new title against the incredible Branko Sobot. In 99 he fought Robin Reid and was fortunate to get that decision, many feel it was a loss. The following year he stunk the joint out vs David Starie. Brewer sucks too before anyone mentions him.

In 03 he stopped Byron Mitchell in two but not before tasting the canvas himself and the stoppage as many Zag stoppages were, was Bull ****. Also Mitchell to put it in perspective was coming off a loss to Sven Ottke and then lost by KO in 4 to Roy Jones' plaything Richard Hall...

Jeff Lacy? Undefeated but very limited and since exposed as nothing. The hype was loud and Jeff looked the part but he never really was. Excellent performance though from Calzaghe though he should have stopped him after landing all that leather.

Kessler? His best win imo. Kessler is a top class fighter but basic and not exactly p4p material imo. Andre Ward exposed his limitations even further. (i like em though!)

Hopkins, i thought he won this. Joe landed sod all and looked like a half pissed amateur in there. Windmilling and missing badly (someone post that GIF, U know the one!) Hopkins was ancient already and didnt do **** himself but his boxing skill was higher.

Jones? Lol that was NOT Roy Jones that was his corpse! And even Roy's zombie corpse managed to drop the dude.....
                  biggest garbage I ever read. And I don't even like Calzaghe but every word you say is complete nonsense. You are just a hater, nothing more.
                  Hopkins didn't win more than 3 rounds against Calzaghe.
                  There is not a single person who thinks Robin Reid beat Calzaghe.
                  Brewer is not a bum, but he was past prime.
                  Byron Mitchell is not a bum, the stoppage was fine.
                  Jeff Lacy got beaten up so badly by Calzaghe and to say afterwards Lacy ain't nobody is what haters do.
                  Yes Calzaghe ducked prime fighters. He didn't fight quite some of them.
                  But what you do here is just complete nonsense. You tell fairy tales and complete G A R B A G E.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                    biggest garbage I ever read. And I don't even like Calzaghe but every word you say is complete nonsense. You are just a hater, nothing more.
                    Hopkins didn't win more than 3 rounds against Calzaghe.
                    There is not a single person who thinks Robin Reid beat Calzaghe.
                    Brewer is not a bum, but he was past prime.
                    Byron Mitchell is not a bum, the stoppage was fine.
                    Jeff Lacy got beaten up so badly by Calzaghe and to say afterwards Lacy ain't nobody is what haters do.
                    Yes Calzaghe ducked prime fighters. He didn't fight quite some of them.
                    But what you do here is just complete nonsense. You tell fairy tales and complete G A R B A G E.
                    I am a hater, i hate his ****ty style and his attitude to the game.

Well i think most people have it a helluva lot closer than that my man and many more think Nard won. U aren't a Hopkins hater are u?
                    There are plenty of people who think Robin was robbed that night i can assure u. I dont have my own card of the fight and i wont be wasting my time rewatch that crap but i remember it being very close and feeling Reid had at least earned a decision.
                    Never said Brewer was a bum but he did lose to Ottke which means he wasnt great and prior to that what had he done really, beat a past it Frankie Liles himself? Brewer stoppage was weak, Zag windmills misses most and cuffs a few in, Byron stumbles off balance ref dives in...
                    Joe owned Jeff big time but the hype Lacy got before hand was unwarranted and he never came to anything.
                    Ive told no fairy tails man just telling the truth, as i see it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      I am a hater, i hate his ****ty style and his attitude to the game.

Well i think most people have it a helluva lot closer than that my man and many more think Nard won. U aren't a Hopkins hater are u?
                      There are plenty of people who think Robin was robbed that night i can assure u. I dont have my own card of the fight and i wont be wasting my time rewatch that crap but i remember it being very close and feeling Reid had at least earned a decision.
                      Never said Brewer was a bum but he did lose to Ottke which means he wasnt great and prior to that what had he done really, beat a past it Frankie Liles himself? Brewer stoppage was weak, Zag windmills misses most and cuffs a few in, Byron stumbles off balance ref dives in...
                      Joe owned Jeff big time but the hype Lacy got before hand was unwarranted and he never came to anything.
                      Ive told no fairy tails man just telling the truth, as i see it anyway.
                      See, and here is the problem. You didn't even see the fights you are talking about. Brewer got robbed bigtime in the first fight against Ottke and I scored Brewer-Ottke II a draw, but with the point deduction I had Ottke winning by 1 point.

Comment

Working...
                      X