Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If Sergio Martinez Loses His Next Fight, Should He Retire From Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yes cause he gonna get retired anyways by Chavez jr., so for his safety. I say yes.

Comment

Wake the fuk up people.
      Gennady and Pirog are just mirages and is tricking everyone.
      The moment they step up in class is the moment they get Froched.

Gennady vs Martinez will be Calzaghe-Lacy all over again. It's gonna be funny as hell reading posts from the Butt-Hurt Gennady butt boys about how 'he wasn't ready for Martinez yet, and they ruined GGG by rushing him'
      (even though he's like 31 already and have a horrid resume)

Comment

Even if he did somehow lose, he can still get big money fights and paydays

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          Well yes cause he gonna get retired anyways by Chavez jr., so for his safety. I say yes.
          Hahahaha, is it April fools day already?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            100% he should

If he keeps fighting bums than win or lose he should retire.

GGG and Pirog are willing to fight hiim tomorrow but he claims there not big enough draws yet he wants Macklin lmao
            stop posting dumb s h I t on here...it gets annoying bro

Comment

Lol Pirog and golovkin. Between the two they've fought and defeated 1 top ten middleweight.

To answer the question it depends on how he loses. If he gets dominated and brutally stopped then he might want to consider hanging them up. But there's nothing wrong with losing a close decision to a top fighter once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                martinez underwent knee surgery and is reported to fight again in april 2013. it will be held in his native argentina and most likely the opponent will be england's martin murray (24-0-1, 10 KOs), whose draw came in a world title bout against then-middleweight titleholder felix sturm in december 2011.

martinez is widely considered fourth-best p4p fighter in the world, lucrative showdowns with mayweather, canelo or cotto or a rematch with chavez, jr. are just around the corner, but golovkin might be the biggest risk for martinez. coming from major surgery and then consistently compete at the elite level does have it's toll, especially at his age where many observers says is within the twilight years of a boxers' career.

hypothetically speaking, what if martinez lost the next bout, let's say by a close decision, all those lucrative fights may forever be out of reach. should martinez instead hand up his gloves and retire from the sport?

your thoughts?

LMAO....MArtinez should be p4p #2, he is a beast and has accomplished more than some of these other "P4P" scrubs have, that's the first thing. The second thing is that he is going to come back and smack Murray around in front of a hometown crowd in Argentina. The third thing is that after that, he is going to shut down all the Golovkin hype so don't get too comfortable in doubting the man because that only makes him perform better.

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
                  GGG is not what eveyone is thinking, his defense is horendus and he cant punch with his lead foot planted, Martinez would UD him seriously lop sided, right Now Martinez is still fighting like a young man, I have yet to see anyone bounce around the ring like him unless they are at straw weight or so. Should he retire if he loses, yea why not. He has a pretty good promotional business going, and am sure he has solid investments.
                  golovkin is already too small for 160 and i think his frame can go down to 154. as it stands right now, he has monster power but lacks some intangibles like excellent head movement or superb footwork, i think martinez wins if the two were to fight

Comment

If he loses to Martin Murray?

Yes, he should retire.

But he won't though, because he's fighting Martin Murray.

Comment

He plans on retiring soon anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X