Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is old school boxing making a comeback??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no it's not
    look how Floyd ducks Pac
    look how long Haye took to fight one of the Klits
    Ward best fighter in a hot division, but insists on home turf
    Berto-Ortiz was credible, but no sign of a tough guy resurgence

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
      Yeah and he got motha****in STUNNED son. Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Ortiz was actual good competition in the shape of a surprise. Both Berto & Lopez were in fights they were "suppose to win" and both got stunned so the point I'm trying to make is they should have fought the best available fight and competition to begin with.

Lopez should have been in with Gamboa by now and Berto should have done been fighting legit welterweights. Ortiz is a legit welterweight now because he proved himself against Berto. Much better then at 140 where he had conditioning problems. He didn't fade last night. He took the oppurtinity and seized it.
      Ortiz had conditioning problems at 140? Please show me an example of this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        You know where everybody fights the best possible opponents like back in the day with Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis? When money wasn't everything?

I knew Ortiz vs Berto would be a classic. And I think it proved promoters should spend less time hyping up fighters by spoon feeding them and just let them fight to prove themselves because they ended up getting STUNNED! I think fighters shine best as has been proven in the past when you put them against tough competition is makes them dig deep and prove why they deserve to be world class champions.

We might not even see Gamboa-Lopez because Arum is immediately making a rematch so what happens if Solido stops him again? It was a bad stoppage but Lopez was in trouble. I think they should just do it now. Make Lopez real hungry. Would produce ****in fireworks the whole boxing world would be watching. Just put an awesome title co-fight too. Take a page out of Golden Boy Maidana-Morales and put on a stacked ****in card with it.

But the young boys today are gettin shooked. On ESPN and now the big boxing networks. I LOVE IT!!!
        the ****in 0 is the problem

it is harder to market guys who have lost and this necessitates squash matches..

hype fighters who get milked till they are dry is the problem

that and a lack of supply at the boxing factory that america used to be

i think ppl want to see good fights

hopefully ppl realise its better to get a trilogy than to wait and wait for one classic fight

also champions that can pull via whoever should pull via whoever

it seems pointless to hype guys to death just so the public buy them as contenders

but i guess that magic 0 is worth dollars or they wouldnt do it

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
          Ortiz had conditioning problems at 140? Please show me an example of this statement.
          Peterson fight ring a bell? He did great in the beginning but gave the fight away in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            Sugar Ray Robinson was a businessman. Don't get it twisted. You even had people hate him back then, the same way they do Floyd Jr, because of how business minded Sugar was.
            100% true..

Comment

You mean boxers fighting often and fighting for themselves and the fans? No, hell ****ing no. Hardly any of the boxers today are fighting the best, with the exception of Pacquio and the Klitschko's. Most boxers these days are taking long breaks and not doing anything to make the best fights happen, and some of them got the nerve complain about not getting money fights? Money fights happen when they fight credible opponents often.
              Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Nah dont think so when u got fighters that got biittch in them like pac,berto,flyod etc who dont want to face the best ***** is dead. Chaves and hopkins were the last of the old school.

Comment

Working...
                X