Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence's Trainer: Brook Dwells on His Loss as Career High Point!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, that loss was something to brag about. He moved up 2 divisions and gave a brave, solid showing against one of the best fighters in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I mean, that loss was something to brag about. He moved up 2 divisions and gave a brave, solid showing against one of the best fighters in boxing.
      So there should be know excuse to run and hold on Brooks part.Like Spence said "don't run"

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
        Brook knows how much money him and Khan make in a UK fight, or at least Eddie Hearn does. Low risk high reward. I think Brook should be commended for defying Hearn who wanted him to go up a division to fight someone soft for a vacant title. And while it's true that his mandatories have been soft he's got a hard one now and hadn't shirked it, as many thought he would. I gotta admit I'm really looking forward to this one. So many unknowns. The kind of match up that we used to see much more of.
        There were plenty of "hard" opponents at 154 for Brook, especially one named Lara! Brook would rather be a big guy in a small man's division, and I think he'll pay for it after Round 6!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
          Trainer is a jackass. So if Brook fought a prime Mike Tyson and lasted 4 rounds, it's not a big deal???? Brook's showing against GGG was very impressive. The bigger power eventually won out...as expected. Why didn't the ever so great Floyd fight bigger guys? Elementary. You will lose!
          Floyd always fought bigger guys dumbass. You do realise that the gap in weight between Canelo and Floyd, Ortiz and Floyd, Maidana and Floyd, was WAAAAAY bigger than the gap between GGG and Brook?
          In fact, didn't Brook outweigh GGG on fight night?

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            He still lost! If Kell had the skill he thinks he had, he would of beat GGG. Plenty of smaller guys have beat bigger guys based on skill and not power.
            What killer did Spence fight? That was the point, you obviously missed it

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              There were plenty of "hard" opponents at 154 for Brook, especially one named Lara! Brook would rather be a big guy in a small man's division, and I think he'll pay for it after Round 6!
              Yeah but dodgy Eddie wasn't looking to go any hard route. So in that way im glad Brook chose to defend. He may well be in trouble if it gets to halfway, but can Errol take Brooks underated power and precision, which are a few leagues above what he's been in with so far, or was the Larte wobble the writing on the wall?

Comment

[QUOTE]"But the reality is, we can't give a consolation prize for a loss. You lost, I don't give you any extra credit for that. You lost. You manned up and thought you were good enough to beat that guy - and in that fight you learned that you were not good enough. "

No, he learned moving up two weight divisions was suicide and he did well in the end, could have continued if it wasn't for the eye injury

Comment

The irony is if Brook beat Spence in a war Spence's trainer would shine a light on it since that would still be more impressive than beating a 10 stone Algieri who wasn't much of a puncher at that weight.

We'll see. They seem so confident so maybe he really is the next big thing!

Comment

Originally posted by DonutHunter View Post
                    Brook is gonna have to knock some respect into this kid. He's getting too out of line.
                    Agreed 100%. Spence and his trainer clown would run from a GGG challenge. Brook proved he has a set by stepping up and trying at least. And had some success. I'd be surprised if Spence lasts 6-8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Agreed 100%. Spence and his trainer clown would run from a GGG challenge. Brook proved he has a set by stepping up and trying at least. And had some success. I'd be surprised if Spence lasts 6-8 rounds.

You're in for a really big disappointment if you think a fighter who has NEVER fought an elite fighter in over a decade plus besides Shawn Porter, who he HELD for twelve rounds for an extremely close decision; will STOP a guy who current and ex champions say is the real deal lol. Spence has dominated better competition in SPARRING than brook has beaten in actual fights smh. Tell me why he fought a guy who was 11-92 THREE times? every fighter spence has faced has a WINNING record! Spence is going to beat brook whether you like it or not... Brook is a 13 year vet and has yet to be battle tested? why can't UK fans see the writing on the wall? the guy has yet to call out a top 10 fighter until recently when he mentioned he wanted to fight Thurman which we all know is not going to happen lol. He did not call out Spence, Spence called him out last year and he jumped two weight classes to fight a guy he knew hed lose too! He NEVER wanted to fight spence, Thurman, are any other top welter. Spence is in his FOURTH year and is already facing a champion! He WANTS the big fights while Brook has ducked the big fights, "Timothy Bradley for example lol. You UK fans don't care who it is when it comes to an American fighter, you'll hype him up like he's some big boogie man lmao. Kell barely beat Shawn Porter HOLDING all night but he'll doninate a guy who Porter is actually afraid to fight? Yes porter had the opportunity to fight spence in the title Eliminator for a crack at a guy he wants a rematch against badly (Kell Brook), but he wants no part of Spence. Kell has alot to prove in May but he will fail the Errol test!

Comment

Working...
                      X