Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer can Rios relay on his POWER to get kats out???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his power is only a factor if he can land it. I see Rios in a world of trouble the day he faces a slick boxer.

Comment

As others have said, brawling is the only thing he can do. So, the answer to your question is: Until he retires.

Comment

I would like to see Rios vs Garcia, Matthysse, Olesegun. But I have a feeling we'll hear about Zab Judah getting a call from Bob Arum, and we might even get the Bradley-Peterson winner vs Rios. The only fights Rios should be mentioned in is Matthysse, Maidana, Alvarado II, Humberto Soto, and Josesito Lopez. Those are the 5 fighters that should be mentioned as opponents for Rios next fight.

Comment

It is his chin what is carrying him and not his power. He has taking a lot of shots in his recent fighs. Will he be the same after that fight against Alvarado? That amounts of power punches can take a lot from a fighter, we seen it plenty of times.

Comment

Rios is a str8 beast no doubt as long as he fights in the inside you're fighting his fight. The guy loves it just ask his trainer Robert that's his live pit. About his power as long as he fights at 140 he will have that power maybe in a year or two he will fight at 147. I think he will even bring more power with him if he does.

Comment

People can keep hating on Rios and he can keep decimating guys in the ring. He just brutally beat up and stopped a TOUGH quality opponent. He will fight whoever and doesn't care. Rios chin is sick, he took every flush bomb from Mike and kept walking through them. Sure he is not the prettiest fighter or most skilled fighter, but he is what he is. I don't know why people hate on him. Did he judge the Abril fight? Was it his fault he got a controversial win? No it wasn't. Sure he is a limited fighter still, he always will be. Just like Gatti was, just like Katsidis is, etc. They are who they are and they are amazing to watch. I think at 140-147 Rios can still be successful, but no way any higher than that. His power and chin won't be enough at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Abril CLEARLY beat Rios. And Rios-Alvarado was not a draw up to the stoppage how the cards were showing. I had given Rios the 1st round and that was it (maybe 2 rounds). And Im not even gonna talk about the stoppage.

I also thought Acosta was beating Rios till Acosta started getting dropped. Too bad that guy isn't too durable. Even Abril dropped him...
                I am telling you..... guys like you need to be banned.What you are saying is defamatory to say the least..so if all his fights are fixed why not try just to run away and survive?..He won the fight,at first I thought it was stopped too early but when I slow motioned I noticed his eyes and demeanor,the way he was looking at the referee,he was getting hit flush and those hits my friend can be with lasting damage..Here is my million dollar question,have you ever boxed?..I have..

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                  As long as his chin holds up he'll continue to be a problem.
                  That's my answer also.

He looks like he can be hit with a baseball bat and not even flinch. I don't see how that WON'T give anyone a problem at 140 pounds. He just walks through haymakers and throws punches.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Abril CLEARLY beat Rios. And Rios-Alvarado was not a draw up to the stoppage how the cards were showing. I had given Rios the 1st round and that was it (maybe 2 rounds). And Im not even gonna talk about the stoppage.

I also thought Acosta was beating Rios till Acosta started getting dropped. Too bad that guy isn't too durable. Even Abril dropped him...
                    I forgot.....The Acosta fight here is irrelevant he got KO,so I don't understand your logic..Many fighters are losing and one punch(or many) changes everything(wilfredo vs el traviezo)..care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                      I am telling you..... guys like you need to be banned.What you are saying is defamatory to say the least..so if all his fights are fixed why not try just to run away and survive?..He won the fight,at first I thought it was stopped too early but when I slow motioned I noticed his eyes and demeanor,the way he was looking at the referee,he was getting hit flush and those hits my friend can be with lasting damage..Here is my million dollar question,have you ever boxed?..I have..
                      I have so why does that matter?

So the Abril fight wasn't fixed? What a coincidence Abril was at the presser and just decided to smack Rios or whatever. Rios got a gift and it was more obvious cause Arum had already mentioned putting Rios in the ring vs Pacquiao/Marquez. You mean to tell me Rios was winning that fight on Saturday night? Alvarado was hurt but not completely out. And as I stated before, he was in the progress of trying to clinch when the ref jumped in to stop the fight. What if Alvarado had been successful in clinching? We saw in the Corrales-Castillo fight what a little breather can do for you. Especially in that type of fight.

I should be banned for stating my opinion.

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                      I forgot.....The Acosta fight here is irrelevant he got KO,so I don't understand your logic..Many fighters are losing and one punch(or many) changes everything(wilfredo vs el traviezo)..care to elaborate?
                      Umm I brought up the Acosta AND Abril fight to backup my point that a boxer would beat Rios. A pure boxer who's not undersized.
                      Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 10-15-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X