No announcement yet.

Moments in boxing that gives you chills to this day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarito vs Cotto 1 in the 11th round.

When I was a kid I saw Tyson uppercut some dude buck nasty. I was like damn!!

When Chavez knocked Meldrick Taylor out in the 12th round with seconds to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Corrales' comeback against Castillo, just when it looked like it was all over. That's all I got though, that pretty much sends chills every time I watch it.
      I agree that was an amazing fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird1 View Post
        * Rigondeaux against Donaire when he did that matrix **** and just put his hands up like "Is that all you got?"

6:10 into this clip.
        I think that's cheap and should not be praised. It was also wack when Bradley did it.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-06-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Hatton running head-first into the ring post! Chills every time.

Comment

Pacquiao ending Hatton's career in just 2 rounds. Nobody expected that domination

Comment

Hopkins being announced as winner vs pascal , becoming oldest ever champion

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I think that's cheap and should not be praised. It was also wack when Bradley did it.
                That's an interesting point of view, something I have not thought about. I just scanned through your thread quickly so forgive me if I'm misinterpreting you.

So you mean you shouldn't be able to duck punches at all the way Bradley did against Pacman? Nor bend the knees? Tyson did this a lot almost squatting at times.

I understand your point that it hinders the opponent to land clean punches. But at the same time I feel as though if a fighter does this (bending the waist) punches that hit the back of the head should be blamed on him. Do you understand what I mean? If a fighter decides to do this he should expect to be hit on the back of the head, it's a risk you take. Also you could try with an uppercut as many people suggested in your thread.

But I like your argumentation against it and I see your point.

Comment

Some other cool moments are when Michael Buffer had these long introductions to Mayweather and Pacquiao listing all their titles "former featherweight champion and so forth".

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlXansKCZ4

Comment

Originally posted by Bird1 View Post
                    Some other cool moments are when Michael Buffer had these long introductions to Mayweather and Pacquiao listing all their titles "former featherweight champion and so forth".

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlXansKCZ4
                    The intros truly send chills down my spine

Try watching the Hopkins vs de la hoya lengthy ones lol

Comment

When Pavlik KO'd Taylor in their first fight. "We got a new middleweight king... and he's from Youngstown, Ohio!"

Comment

Working...
                      X