Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland HBO PPV To Be Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promoters need to stop lying. This fight has not been postponed. It has been cancelled because they knew it would be a bust on PPV. Cotto will likely fight in the in April or May on cable and then fight a rematch against Alvarez on PPV in September.

Comment

lol Eddie Hearn just found another reason to try and get Brook to Swerve Spence just when he was running out of ideas lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
        & Kirkland does? Lmaooooo

I was looking forward to Cotto-Kirkland. Very entertaining fight on paper. And give Cotto some slack. He is at the tail end of his career trying to cash in. He has fought Pac, Mosley, Margarito, Canelo, Judah... he has earned the right to not fight the best in the division anymore...
        I was looking forward to the fight as well?? Solid fight just shouldn't be on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Yup.

Only a matter of time before those workouts from Sheman started taking their toll on Kirkland's body.

No surprise here.
          Sheman

You're right. She is killing this dude

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Probably still fat and couldn't make the weight. He looked every bit of 200lbs at the press conference a cpl weeks ago. Hasn't fought in almost two years. Doesn't take care of himself outside the ring. I'm happy this happened. Cotto had no business fighting him anyway.
            Even with Ann Wolfe training him??? That seems odd??? Unless she really wasn't training him?

Comment

Damn, no Rigondeaux again.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                I was thinking the same damn thing.
                I guess they got punched in the head too many times and didn't see this coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Sheman

You're right. She is killing this dude
                  I think he is already killed/shot. If he is indeed injured, Im sure his body just had enough.

Comment

I just read the title of the official BScene article... 'postponed'. Looks like we're still gonna get this bs fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      I think he is already killed/shot. If he is indeed injured, Im sure his body just had enough.
                      I get that at that level fighters have to really bust their ass, but she just runs you down even faster lol she's nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X