Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez is DYING to fight the HUGE Chavez but is too small to fight Bute or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez is DYING to fight the HUGE Chavez but is too small to fight Bute or Ward?

What sense does this make? Is he afraid of Ward & Butes boxing skill?
    Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-19-2012, 12:53 PM. Reason: change title, had typo in it

Dmitri Pirog, Felix Sturm & Peter Quillin

Comment

Can Ward and Bute come down to 160 like "huge" Chavez?

If they can, then i'm sure Martinez would fight them.

Comment

Sergio wants the big payday. I get that. but he is becoming a real *****. This is like Yuri Foreman being to tall for Manny at 5'11 but Margarito, the same 5'11 wasn't too tall.

Sergio will fight Chavez or Floyd anywhere anytime because they bring him more money. The guys that will give him the best fight, he doesn't want to pay.

Comment

You do know, Ward/Bute weighing 168 for the weigh in: That's a fit 168, then they add that water weight or whatever and come in, in the 170's.

So not only are they huge, but they are strong. Their 170-180+ on fight night is more fit than Chavez Jr 180lbs on fight night.

Comment

I want to see how dudes spin this ****.

"bute/ward is more fit at 170+ then jr" lol

He ain't fighting them because they are Chavez size and have way more technique.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              Can Ward and Bute come down to 160 like "huge" Chavez?

If they can, then i'm sure Martinez would fight them.
              Probably..Ward has fought at MW before. SMW is only his 2nd weight class.

He wants a catchweight with Pac or Mayweather...why not a catch weight with Bute or ward?

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                You do know, Ward/Bute weighing 168 for the weigh in: That's a fit 168, then they add that water weight or whatever and come in, in the 170's.

So not only are they huge, but they are strong. Their 170-180+ on fight night is more fit than Chavez Jr 180lbs on fight night.
                Sergio walks around at about 180lbs....his fight night weight the other night was 170lbs.

He is too small for Ward & Bute?

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  I want to see how dudes spin this ****.

"bute/ward is more fit at 170+ then jr" lol

He ain't fighting them because they are Chavez size and have way more technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                    He's not fighting them because they're not in his weight class. If they can come down 8lbs, i'm sure he'd fight them.

For example, Pacquiao and Mayweather were not excited about fighting Martinez because he's too big, but Martinez is willing to drop down 10lbs from 160, to get a fight with them, so now he got Mayweather's attention.

You think if Ward and especially Bute, offer to go down to 160 to fight Sergio, Sergio wouldn't jump at that chance? Bute brings a lot of money to the table, and would be figting at Sergio's weight class. I think all Ward or Bute have to do is just come down to like 162, they don't even have to come down 8lbs. Sergio is giving up 10 lbs to fight the best. Are Ward and Bute willing to do that much to fight a top 3 P4P fighter like Sergio is willing to do?

Comment

Working...
                    X