Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unified Rules could change to include some knees, kicks to grounded opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unified Rules could change to include some knees, kicks to grounded opponent

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daWgf?u...m_campaign=mma

I wouldn't mind seeing some changes. The UFC is apparently sick of fighters intentionally putting a hand or knee on the mat to avoid taking a kick or knee to the face. There should be a rule that if it's intentional, it shouldn't be a penalty and a fighter should only do it if they're knocked down or to pull guard or shoot in for a takedown or if they're at least doing something offensively. I hope this change goes into effect and if it does, that referees know how to recognize this in order to enforce it.

Knees? Yes.
    Kicks? No.

Kicks will criminalize the sport and is like taking backwards steps with as far as the sport has come along.

Knees on the other hand (ie: Gomi v. Royler) would be a welcomed addition and doesn't "appear" as vicious as soccer kicks. While it provides deterrent to LnP artists and lazy 1 dimensional wrestlers.

Soccer kicks make the sport look "bloodsport". It's just taking giant steps backwards imo. (Ex: Huerta getting wreck by soccer kick in 1.FC)

Comment

Please bring back kicks!

Comment

Like Flicker said soccer kicks and stomps could be a little too extreme especially if the fighters really hate each other and get carried away after their opponents already unconscious like the Falcoa and friend incident. Id approve the soccer kicks instead of stomps. But would try but would impose huge penalties on fighters viciously soccer kicking obviously unconscious opponents.

PLEASE BRING THE KNEES! I cant stand when a fighter purposely puts his hand on the ground to prevent a knee to the face. Kampman probably could have finished Diego Sanchez with some ground knees and probably would have atleast got the nod he was robbed of against shields.

Knees to the ground are a great away to hopefully scare people from LNP because they can stuff a takedown and knee them in the face. I think it will also help make ground fights alot more exciting too since fighters have more weapons.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

That's what One FC does now. They allow knees, soccer kicks, elbows and stomps to the legs and body of a downed opponent, but not the head. I like this and think this is the best set of rules out there. Even if it doesn't always work out that way, it gives the best opportunity for exciting fights. Speaking of having more weapons, I remember, maybe in the Smashing Machine documentary, someone saying rules changes over the years were taking away some weapons of Mark Kerr's, although that's not what led to his decline.

Comment

Probably has some truth to it because kerr was viciously destroying people woth knees to the head. Shame he beat Randy in wrestling yet never had half the MMA career he did. Too bad he was on those pain killers. He was pretty much Mark Coleman with Randleman strength and power. It a shame he fought on for as long as he did he shouldnt have loss to the majority of the guys he lost too in that awful streak to end his career.

Its crazy they made all these rules which just made it easier to LNP

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
            X