No announcement yet.

Like I said - AB is rubbish but Mikey ain't all that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
    Mikey's far from rubbish but he will have to adapt to not being the strongest in the ring and he isn't abnormally fast . The broner fight was a good warm up to test strategies out but other than that it says little. It's a little like canelo vs Chavez where it doesn't tell you too much but I definately thing Mikey has champion pedigree, will, and skill. It's not Mikey fault broner doesn't have the will to put it all out there-- for all we know Mikey might have stepped his game up if Broner forced him. Broner just isn't capable of fighting outside his comfort zone.
    Mikey is certainly a world level fighter. I'm just saying he isn't as good as the media will have you believe he is, so in the future, they'll say he was "exposed". In reality, he would have recahed his limit against superior fighters in TC or Loma for example.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Mikey is certainly a world level fighter. I'm just saying he isn't as good as the media will have you believe he is, so in the future, they'll say he was "exposed". In reality, he would have recahed his limit against superior fighters in TC or Loma for example.
      I still favor Mikey over Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        The fight was shart

Broner is a c level fighter at best, every time he stepped up he got beat, he should have another 2 losses on that record

Garcia is very basic, neither man really impressed me

I dont give Garcia much of a chance to beat Crawford
        Exactly!

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I don't know what you guys are talking about. Mikey was almost textbook perfect yesterday and made Broner look completely powerless.

Nobody has shut down Broner so completely like that. Not even Maidana or Porter.
        Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        Just goes to show most ppl don't know wtf they're watching when they watch these fight. Mikey is clearly one of the top 10 best fighters in the world.
        Garcia walks in stright lines and throws robotic punches. That, combined with basic power at best at 140lb and we have a world championship fighter but not someone that can beat the upper echelon.

And in terms of Porter, he won like 8 or 9 rounds against Broner. Yes he didn't do it as methodically but it was just as one sided except for that last min KD.

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        very skilled but not as hard to hit...i think we can now put to rest the claim that he hits harder than maidana, that's obviously a myth....also, dont think he's as durable above 135
        This is what I think too. Mikey's best weight will be 130-135, which is where he should try and create his legacy, unify divisions, maybe have a Loma trilogy. 140+ he gets beat up by the best those divisions have to offer but I applaud him for doing and saying the fight things.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I still favor Mikey over Lomachenko.
          If the fight happens at 135 and Loma doesn't adjust to the weight well then may be...but if Loma is good at the weight, he will have too many skills, too much speed and too much movement.

Whatever the case, it's THE fight to be made by end of 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            i dont know about that but the few times broner connected, i thought mikey was feeling it noticeably
            yep, MIkey felt those punches and a couple of those hooks made his nose bleed.

this reminds me of another problem Mikey faces. His heart can crack if someone lay it on him. I said it about Matthysse and I'm saying it about Mikey.

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
            Mikey completely dominated the fight. Was in control the entire time. Goes to show you some boxing fans are never satisfied.
            I'm satisfied. A boring, one sided fight but just how I expected it to go and proves me right about Broner...again. What I'm saying is that Mikey is not p4p.

Comment

yep, MIkey felt those punches and a couple of those hooks made his nose bleed.

this reminds me of another problem Mikey faces. His heart can crack if someone lay it on him. I said it about Matthysse and I'm saying it about Mikey.

I'm satisfied. A boring, one sided fight but just how I expected it to go and proves me right about Broner...again. What I'm saying is that Mikey is not p4p.
              He's absolutely p4p. No other guy including maidana or porter made Broner look that terrible last night.

Comment

At first he should decide in witch division he wants to compete. You can`t think about Linares and 147 division at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                  He's absolutely p4p. No other guy including maidana or porter made Broner look that terrible last night.
                  Maidana had Broner concussed, Porter won probably as many rounds, maybe a orund or 2 less. Mikey was the most clinical but not necesarily the most dominant. I don't think anyone made Broner looks as bad as the Argentine did.

Either way, what does it matter? Broner cant punch and move or counter lol He is a d level hype job of the highest order and a warning for future "stars".

That also doesnt mean Garcia did well. I've praised his performance but he is nowhere near TC, Loma, AJ, Roman, GGG, Canelo and co.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    At first he should decide in witch division he wants to compete. You can`t think about Linares and 147 division at the same time.
                    I actually like this about Mikey. He is willing to go wherever he can get the best fight.

No idea why the Linares fight didnt happen but with Campbell/Linares now set, Mikey can fight the winner at year's end.

The Loma fight seems unlikely and I don't think Mikey actually wants a live dog at 147.

Comment

Crawford is a definite L for Mikey, possibly a knock out. I like the fact that Mikey takes his limited athleticsm and uses boxing ability iq and adaption to overcome fighters willpower. But if this fight is any indication he don't hit hard enough at 140.

Loma is a question mark. Nobody 130 down has been able to test Mikey: Salido, Lopez, or Martinez. And loma has improved since salido, so it's really hard to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X