Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury vs Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ prefers to fight bigger boxers, his kryptonite is smaller fast hands...

I have AJ winning this in a brutal punch up

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
      I can see Fury beating AJ easily in a couple of ways, in a dogfight, or a pure boxing lesson...

We saw in the first AJ-Ruiz fight that AJ does not respond well to being roughed up and having the fight brought to him. And we saw last night that Fury is capable of making it into that sort of fight... Cue: *AJ panic face*, hands up, wobbly legs... Fury will be leaning all over him, throwing those tasty uppercuts, AJ can't hang with that.

In terms of pure boxing. Fury has the reach, the unpredictability, the awkwardness, the defensive slick moves. No way in hell does AJ get a points decision with his in-out, 1-2-3, style. AJ will be left dumbfounded and confused, and left tilting at ghosts, made to look silly even. Shades of Lemieux-Saunders, Klitschko-Fury..

The more interesting question is how does AJ approach a fight with Fury? I can't see what sort of gameplan he can put together that would be successful. I've heard people say that AJ can beat Fury but when I ask how exactly, I never get good answers...
      aj vs whyte
      aj vs klitschko
      dog fights.

Fury won't be able to rough up AJ the way he did wilder.
      wilder coming in heaver, tired him out early.and he didnt have the legs to carry the extra weight. Fury took advantage of that. He has no such advantage over AJ in that regard. He just wont be able to rough up AJ like that.

The advantage he will have is his reach and movement. He would do well to try and outbox wilder like he did Wilder the first time round.

Ruiz has fast hands, Fury isnt that fast. if it turns into a dog fight, AJ would prefer that and i imagine he would **** up TF pretty bad tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
        aj vs whyte
        aj vs klitschko
        dog fights.

Fury won't be able to rough up AJ the way he did wilder.
        wilder coming in heaver, tired him out early.and he didnt have the legs to carry the extra weight. Fury took advantage of that. He has no such advantage over AJ in that regard. He just wont be able to rough up AJ like that.

The advantage he will have is his reach and movement. He would do well to try and outbox wilder like he did Wilder the first time round.

Ruiz has fast hands, Fury isnt that fast. if it turns into a dog fight, AJ would prefer that and i imagine he would **** up TF pretty bad tbh.
        Klinchko can't fight inside for toffee, and Whyte was the smaller, less able man.. so your points about "dog fights" are null and void. Interesting that you concede AJ does not stand a chance if it becomes a rangey chess match. Maybe you are right in that AJ may see his best chance of winning to get inside, to get close... in which case, I see Fury being able to box off the back foot and nullifying. I remain unconvinced about AJ's chances against Fury

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          1 more fight and it looks like its retirement time, maybe they need to fight around space things out to get money and like to not make the whole boxing scene go dead over night xD

Like these top 3 or now top 2 guys are the HW division (for some reason all other boxers are padding!????) and they are almost at the end of finding out who is undisputed.

Fury is talking retirement
          The boxing scene won't go dead now, it will come to life now that fraud ducker doesnt have the belt at longer. Exposed.

Comment

Let’s have the undisputed. Fury beats AJ like I have always said he would do. I have always said he needed 4/5 tune up before fighting Joshua or Wilder. He was cherrypicked the last time, now he is in his prime and he is fully fit, I honest changed my pick from Fury to Wilder in the last few weeks due to the way Fury was talking, am glad to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              bender scene
              Lmfao!! War AlexKid.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                Klinchko can't fight inside for toffee, and Whyte was the smaller, less able man.. so your points about "dog fights" are null and void. Interesting that you concede AJ does not stand a chance if it becomes a rangey chess match. Maybe you are right in that AJ may see his best chance of winning to get inside, to get close... in which case, I see Fury being able to box off the back foot and nullifying. I remain unconvinced about AJ's chances against Fury
                Just because he lost a couple doesnt mean he can't fight inside. Did you see him vs pulev?
                it's like aj vs ruiz, AJ can clearly fight inside as he's proven numerous times, but the problem is it leaves you open eg vs ruiz.

let's pretend Fury didn't get beat by Mcdermott.
                Fury always needs easy tune ups before he can gear himself up for a big fight. How would he fare boxing elite level opposition consecutively? it wears them down, they get sidetracked one time and they pay for it. Had TF boxed someone elite instead of otto wallin, he would have to be focused.
                I guess it's a whole different thing, to be THE champion and become the sole target of every elite fighter plotting to find *****s in your armour.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  Absolutely !

AJ vs Fury would be a huge fight. That would help get a clearer picture of the division.

I like AJ, Wilder and Fury. Am I the only person on this site who does?!
                  I like all 3, just have never been able to tolerant Wilder fanboys, they turn my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwingbombs View Post
                    I like all 3, just have never been able to tolerant Wilder fanboys, they turn my stomach.
                    I agree that the Wilder fans were delusional regarding Wilder's power and ability. They thought Wilder was indestructable and able to destroy anyone with a single punch...which was an absurd belief. They loved putting down Joshua, a fighter who is actually more talented than Wilder. But don't get me wrong, Wilder has some great qualities and I like him a lot. But I don't think for one minute he would walk through Joshua. In fact I've always believed Joshua would win that fight. Wilder does have excellent hand speed and power, so he has a chance, but I think Joshua has the technical advantages in that fight as well as equal power.

Comment

Fury would have given AJ trouble pre-Kronk, but this new and improved Fury will definitely put AJ down.

My hope - for AJ AND now for Wilder- is that their losses make them feel some hunger again. Both had become complacent with their fight games. Now it's make or break - will they come back stronger or will the loss weight them down?

Comment

Working...
                      X