Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: I Can't Complain About Decision; Canelo Fought Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaded View Post

Here's the official scorecards and punch stats.

Round 2 went to Canelo on all 3 judges cards yet GGG landed twice the power shots and jabs.

Round 3 also went to Canelo on all 3 scored-cards and although it was closer GGG again out landed both jabs and power-shots.

Round 5 all 3 judges scored for Canelo...a round which GGG out landed Canelo 22-14/ 10-6 jabs/ 12-8 power punches. GGG out landed Canelo in both jabs and power-shots by 50%.

If those round were scored with any integrity it should have gone 112-116/111-117/112-116 all for GGG. Even if you gave the 3rd round to Canelo although he was out-landed in both jabs and power-shots or only the 5th round for that matter...it's still a unanimous decision for GGG.
    I managed to score every round except I couldn't split them in rounds 1 and 3, so I just figured what-the-hay, and gave 1 each (first to Golovkin, 3rd to Canelo).

I gave the second to Canelo as the most meaningful punch in that round was the one where Canelo gave Golovkin the black eye. Other than that one punch, they were hard to split over the first three.

Indeed, all 3 judges did the same as me (I'm sure for diferent reasons), first to Golovkin, second and third to Canelo, so I don't see any problems over the first three rounds.

I had 4th for Golovkin, along with all 3 judges, but we parted company in the 5th. I gave that round to Golovkin, but not by much I might add. Looking over to the eyeonthering site, 75% of cards had Golovkin winning that round, so the 5th maybe a key round.

6th I went Canelo (all 3 judges, and 75% of those in eyeonthering)

7th I went Canelo, as did the majority in eyeonthering (61%), but 1 judge gave it to Golovkin. So not sure what they saw there to give it to Golovkin, but like many of the rounds, there was back-and-forth, and maybe depends what you like.

8th Canelo, along with 52% of those on eyeonthering, but again, 1 judge (diffferent one) gave this to Golovkin.

9th I gave to Golovkin, along with 80% at eyeonthering, but 2 judges gave it to Canelo.

10 and 11 Golovkin, with little disagreement anywhere.

12 I gave Golovkin for the same reason I gave the 2nd to Canelo - the most telling punches were landed by Golovkin, whatever punchstats say (63% off eyeonthering and 1 judge agreeing with me).

So 115-113 Golovkin, but 2 rounds I randomly gave 1 apiece to, and a couple others very close.

I think the 9th is also a key round where 2 judges gave it to Canelo, but 80% didn't.

It was a great fight, and both deserve credit for what they did in there, but can see how most get to a Golovkin win.

Whatever, on to III next May.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      You dedicate your account to hate on guy GGG who is quite of a respectable guy.
      Your case is just relevant of a shrink, think about it, you got a problem bro.

GGG fans aren't an excuse, you shouldn't feel that triggered by internet posters.

i won't lose my time talking boxing with you
      I don't dedicate anything to ggg you dumb fanboi,(just because I put some pics clowning triple L & his gggroupies aka YOU for all the sh talking they've been doing then backing up with jack sh,though Ive seen you here for years hating on Canelo while hanging off gs balls even when he contradicts himself about EVERYTHING in his career. Keep crying stanboi.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
        I don't dedicate anything to ggg you dumb fanboi,(just because I put some pics clowning triple L & his gggroupies aka YOU for all the sh talking they've been doing then backing up with jack sh,though Ive seen you here for years hating on Canelo while hanging off gs balls even when he contradicts himself about EVERYTHING in his career. Keep crying stanboi.
        NO YOU DIDN'T

Just called him out about his PEDs positive tests (facts).

Like any boxing fan should by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          Either he's saying that to build to a 3rd fight where they can make yet another huge payday or he just doesn't wanna sound hypocritical after saying that Canelo ran during the buildup. Or a combo of both.

GGG fought great and did everything but get the KO which Abel promised on behalf of GGG if Canelo fought toe to toe. GGG didn't live up to that promise since Canelo came forward and GGG didn't stop him, still GGG fought a very good fight and clearly landed the more better shots, this is why it's never good to let anyone talk for u.
          No, he is saying that because it was the truth. I don’t know why people can blatantly hear one thing come straight from a person’s mouth and then do the Rosetta Stone translation service “what he really said or meant was....”. He said EXACTLY what he said because he meant it. NO BOXER who thinks they won nor the trainer say something they don’t mean. If they thought they won’t the fight they’d have said clearly they won

Comment

• Classy from Sanchez, it was such a close fight but I really felt Canelo won that last round and that got him the victory, GGG came back strong but you just won't get the decision off the back of a strong jab, Canelo landed more big power punches and that got him the win, such a good fight, everybody should be applauding both fighters it was so fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
              The fact is that Canelo moved UP, unlike GGG, when has he moved up to face better opposition?
              Canelo didn't move up to face GGG though. He chose to move up long before that when he fought Cotto for the MW championship.

Comment

• Yeah, Abel knows GGG got worked over. Great fight!

Comment

• Great fight! The right man win

Comment

• props to Abel Sanchez for not whining like Golovkin and Loeffler

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                      Maybe like this ?

Barry Jones: 116-112 Golovkin
                      Steve Bunce: 114-114
                      Richie Woodall: 115-114 Golovkin
                      BoxingScene: 114-114
                      The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin
                      Bad Left Hook: 114-114, 116-112 Golovkin
                      David Haye: 115-113 Alvarez
                      MMA Fighting: 114-114
                      Robert Garcia: 116-112 Alvarez
                      Stephen A. Smith (ESPN): 115-114 Golovkin
                      Teddy Atlas: 117-112 Golovkin
                      Sports Illustrated (Rollins): 114-114
                      Joe Castagnino: 115-113 Golovkin
                      Sporting News: 116-112 Golovkin
                      SB Nation (Brady): Golovkin (no score given)
                      USA today: Golovkin 115-113
                      Harold Lederman (HBO Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
                      Brian Campbell (CBS sports):*116-112 Golovkin
                      Dan Rafael (ESPN):*114-114 draw
                      Arash Markazi (ESPN):*114-114 draw
                      Brett Okamoto (ESPN):*114-114 draw
                      Salvador Rodríguez (ESPN Mexico):*114-114 draw
                      Eduardo Lamazón (Televisa):*116-112 Golovkin
                      Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph):*116-112 Golovkin
                      Josh Peter (USA Today):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Dylan Hernandez (LA Times):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Lance Pugmire (La Times):*114-114 draw
                      Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports):*114-114 draw
                      Joe DePaolo (Washington Post):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Mike Coppinger (Ring Magazine):*114-114 draw
                      Douglass Fischer (Ring Magazine):*114-114 draw
                      Mike Baca II (Ring Magazine and Undisputed Champion Network):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Al Bernstein (Showtime Sports):*Golovkin won
                      Sherdog.com:*116-112 Golovkin
                      Jai Bednall (news.com.au):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Brian Mazique (Forbes):*114-114 draw
                      Adam Abramowitz (Ring Magazine and SN Boxing):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook):*116-112 Golovkin
                      Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow):*115-113 Golovkin
                      The Associated Press:*114-114 draw
                      Adam Caparell (Complex Sports):*116-112 Golovkin
                      Bill Simmons (HBO and The Ringer):*114-114 draw
                      Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News):*116-112 Golovkin
                      Graham Houston (Boxing Monthly):*Canelo won
                      Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Matt Christie (Boxing News):*115-114 Golovkin
                      George Willis (New York Post):*114-114 draw
                      Gary Melo (SportsNet Canada):*Golovkin won
                      Below The Belt Podcast:*115-113 Golovkin
                      World Boxing News:*115-113 Golovkin
                      Jeff Powell (Daily Mail):*116-113 Golovkin
                      Marcos Villegas (Fight Hub TV):*114-114 draw
                      Michelle Rosado (Raging Babe):*115-113 Canelo
                      Michelle Joy Phelps (Behind the Gloves):*115-113 Golovkin
                      Lennox Lewis:*Golovkin won by 2 rounds
                      Fight Nights:*115-113 Golovkin
                      Michael Woods (NYFights.com):*two point edge for Golovkin
                      Dieter Kurtenbach (San Jose Mercury News and the East Bay Times):*Golovkin won by 3 rounds
                      Rafael G (the Fight City):*116-112 Golovkin
                      Noelanthony 115 -114
                      2 judges 115-113

These are the only scores that matter

Comment

Working...
                      X