Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adonis Stevenson top 10 p4p? He stopped Tony Bellew in 6.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevenson has a good resume and I thought he edged out Jack. The problem is he was too inactive for a while but in this era he should still be in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Right, but his good wins came 5 years ago

Usyk unified all the titles on the road and beat several other contenders in the last 2 years.
      So your ranking of Usyk isn't based on the Bellew win?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        You don't think Bellew was drained for this fight? Some people are saying that having to make cruiserweight is why he gassed out after having a good start.
        No I don't think so. Cruiser is his best weight

Comment

So has Stevenson.

In fact he hasn't tasted defeat in more than eight years, since the Darnell Boone fight.
          usyk just beat 3 top 3 guys in about 2 years. stevenson has zero top 3 wins since dawson more than 5 years ago. seems fair to rank usyk higher. stevenson never went on a great run like that in his career. it was dawson and then a couple mediocre top 10-ish guys, then a lot of bums.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesville View Post
            Stevenson has a good resume and I thought he edged out Jack. The problem is he was too inactive for a while but in this era he should still be in the top 10.
            He's had at least one fight every year going back to his pro debut. No super long periods of inactivity.

Comment

So your ranking of Usyk isn't based on the Bellew win?
              The Bellew win adds to his resume but doesn’t define it. He wouldn’t have been ranked at CWbecause he took those fights up at HW, but he was in a good run of form, has some decent wins at LHW, CW and HW. He’s a decent fighter.

When you add the Bellew win to his other wins, he is clearly a P4P fighter. Pretty simple stuff this.

Comment

This thread sucks

Comment

He's had at least one fight every year going back to his pro debut. No super long periods of inactivity.
                  I don't know if he was injured but 1 fight a year for any fighter is not good. But he is top 10 I think and he does put on some of the best action fights around.

Comment

inactivty against good fighters is more like it. just staying active against weak competition isn't and shouldnt be good enough to get you p4p accolades. credit is only given where credit is deserved.

his resume is pretty poor. dawson was the champ but remember he was coming off a beatdown loss against ward. over the next 5 years he fought cloud coming off a loss(should have been 2 as he robbed campillo), #7 ranked bellew, #7 ranked fonfara, and #8 ranked jack who had one fight at 175 and a bunch of pbc tomato cans.

Comment

You don't think Bellew was drained for this fight? Some people are saying that having to make cruiserweight is why he gassed out after having a good start.
                      Bellew lost weight in good time. Usyk lost a lot more weight inlast 30 days. He was just better. Beat 150 quid I've spent recently.

Comment

Working...
                      X