Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el*** View Post
    Floyd is so good that pac fans will say he didnt age at all in 6 years from 32 to 38.
    Exactly.

They'll say Floyd waited for Pac to get old...completely ignoring the fact that Floyd is OLDER than Pac and would be getting older himself the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by aAgger View Post
      Depends on the weight. If the fight happened at welterweight, then I think Mayweather would've won. But if the fight happened at light-welterweight, then I think Pacquaio would've won.
      What's the main difference?

Floyd would be faster in a lower weight

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        What's the main difference?

Floyd would be faster in a lower weight
        The main difference is that Floyd is the bigger man and Pac the smaller man.

The higher weight divisions would favour Floyd, as he can use his size and reach advantage to keep Pac at a distance and jab him to a UD.

The lower weight divisions would favour Pac, as Floyd would have to drain himself to make the lower weights (after fighting at WW and LMW for so many years) and thus would lose much of his speed and energy, allowing Pac to more effectively pressure Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          Floyd may have gotten the KO win over an allege "elite" fighter. However, if Floyd KO/UD Manny it is likely he would've dropped back down to 140...so his legacy would've been less.

I don't see how anyone could vote Manny given that Floyd won clearly in their eventual fight when Floyd was 38 years old and Manny 36 years. The Floyd who fought JMM, at 32 years, was not only mentally sharp but also very physically gifted.

To this day I swear that the smothering/stalking volume fighters who have a willingness to be a little dirty are what beat Floyd, not unorthodox punchers. JLC and Maidana - both of whom were average or slightly above average smother/stalkers - gave Floyd very competitive fights. I don't see how Floyd handles a Duran or JCC Sr. prime for prime if he struggled so much with Maidana and JLC, especially JLC.
          Off topic, but I’ve always wondered how Broner watched Maidana give Floyd one of his toughest fights, then still take Maidana lightly? Especially after he got a gift decision from an over the hill Paulie

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Off topic, but I’ve always wondered how Broner watched Maidana give Floyd one of his toughest fights, then still take Maidana lightly? Especially after he got a gift decision from an over the hill Paulie
            I believe Broner fought Maidana first. Floyd fought Maida after Maidana whooped on AB.

That remains one of my favorite fights. I dont like when fighter hump their opponents and trash opponents they just beat by saying "I stole your belt and your woman". That's not funny - its trashy

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              I believe Broner fought Maidana first. Floyd fought Maida after Maidana whooped on AB.

That remains one of my favorite fights. I dont like when fighter hump their opponents and trash opponents they just beat by saying "I stole your belt and your woman". That's not funny - its trashy
              Yeah, you’re right. It went Broner, Mayweather, Mayweather. I thought it was the other way around.

And yeah, sometimes I’ll watch that fight just to cheer up haha

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                This thread has every ingediens in it to possibly evolve into something we don't want here in the historysection. So posters better keep it clean and flame-free or else.......
                I’ll try my best..... I’ve been un perma banned.. I’ll chose my words carefully...

After Jose Luis Castillo, beat Ployd(Tagalog). Floyd was booed for making excuses... rematch.. Floyd won.. he also smashed the guy who died tragically in a motorcycle accident. Diego Corrales.... why am I not banned?

Comment

Working...
                X