Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would cameras EVERYWHERE be a good thing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would cameras EVERYWHERE be a good thing?

I'm talking in every city, maybe on every car and building and stoplight, etc, there are security cameras.

Then they can all be accessed by the police ONLY for the purpose of tracking perpetrators.

Would this help keep crime down if everyone knew police could easily go find out who committed a crime and where they went afterward?

No fuk dat.
    I dont want to live in a big brother environment.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      No fuk dat.
      I dont want to live in a big brother environment.

But the camera footage could ONLY be looked at to catch a perpetrator, and anything else that happened on the footage is off limits for law enforcement to do anything about.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        I'm talking in every city, maybe on every car and building and stoplight, etc, there are security cameras.

Then they can all be accessed by the police ONLY for the purpose of tracking perpetrators.

Would this help keep crime down if everyone knew police could easily go find out who committed a crime and where they went afterward?

This is already the case in a lot of large cities Not a fan.

Comment

Yeah, it makes masturbating in public more fun, knowing that someone is watching and recording me no matter where.

Comment

It wouldn't be good nor bad inherently.

Would the federal government control and monitor them? How close to private property? A lot of variables..

Personally doe, as an American, we tend to be very weary of any type of power or authority a centralized government has.. We value privacy greatly as well. So I wouldn't be in favor of it.
            .I can see situations where having 24/7/365 "proof" of anything would be beneficial. Such as hit and runs, or any type of criminal activity. I know I'd have loved to got the plate number and identity of whoever mashed the back of my truck in a parking lot..

Also regarding missing and lost people - especially if you had them literally all throughout forests and wilderness.

Could help solve a lot of crimes and find missing people.

Heh on the subject, while driving through mountains and thickly densed trees, I remember one time my good friend's dad said "I bet there's a lot of dead bodies out there." It was so creepy but funny.

In conclusion, doe, I still say nahh. Too impractical and overall invasion of privacy (whether real or perceived).

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Yeah, it makes masturbating in public more fun, knowing that someone is watching and recording me no matter where.
              ^^^ Fastest way to fame right there

Comment

china is doing it already. i wouldnt want cameras everywhere. there will be no privacy at all. BUT i will say, having cameras on every street corner helped lowered the crime rate in LA by a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X