Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to protein powder in boxing training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annupsingg View Post
    yes it is not a big deal

Comment

i use whey protein to fulfill my needs

Comment

Originally posted by kendraallen View Post
        i use whey protein to fulfill my needs
        Whey is high-quality and blends easily and is thus extremely popular.

Another protein source I use often in shakes and smoothies is liquid egg whites.

A 32-ounce carton contains around 100 grams of protein and typically costs $4-5 dollars; as the egg whites are pasteurized they can be consumed "raw" without risk of illness.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
          Whey is high-quality and blends easily and is thus extremely popular.

Another protein source I use often in shakes and smoothies is liquid egg whites.

A 32-ounce carton contains around 100 grams of protein and typically costs $4-5 dollars; as the egg whites are pasteurized they can be consumed "raw" without risk of illness.
          Ive seen flavored packs of this.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Ive seen flavored packs of this.
            Yes, one can buy packets of egg white protein powder; I don't recommend this as it is a much more expensive form.

Comment

of course its okay lol, people make way too big a deal of protein shakes they arent some magical thing. just a bit of convenient protein which can only be a good thing for an athlete

Comment

Originally posted by annupsingg View Post
                It is perfectly fine to consume protein powder--whether you are a boxer, or not a boxer.

Those of us on high-protein diets often find it difficult to consume our desired intake of protein via solid food alone; protein powders, "shakes" and meal-replacement products (MRPs) can help in this regard.

Choose your protein powder or MRPs carefully; there are many underdosed products out there. Do your research before purchasing.

One non-powder protein source I use which you might find of value: pasteurized* liquid egg whites. In my area, 32-ounce cartons of liquid egg whites--containing 100 grams of protein--sell for roughly $4.50. I use them in smoothies, mixed with berries, milk, whey protein isolate, etc.

*Thus--safe to consume without cooking.

Comment

Protein shakes are a supplement for people who lack at achieving there daily nutrition from food itself. It isn't necessarily a bad thing to drink protein shakes, however nothing is better than getting all your nutrition from healthy foods.

Comment

Originally posted by The Frost View Post
                    Protein shakes are a supplement for people who lack at achieving there daily nutrition from food itself. It isn't necessarily a bad thing to drink protein shakes, however nothing is better than getting all your nutrition from healthy foods.
                    Too many protein shakes = nothing but bloating and bad farts for me (silent but deadly)

Comment

I agree protein shakes are a supplement, like all .... supplements. That word itself implies you are filling in where something else is lacking. I use them here and there if I don't feel I'm getting what I need. I have some meal replacement shakes that are nice and I use them if I get caught and can't get the food that I should be eating. Long meeting that interferes with lunch, I take too long cooling down after a morning workout and don't leave time for a decent breakfast, etc. If I'm feeling run down I'll do one, as the ones I use also have some carbs in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X