Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parker and Whyte = All the credit in the World!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker and Whyte = All the credit in the World!

These guys could have gone their separate ways. Parker could have milked another few easy pay days in NZ and cashed out for another title shot. Whyte could have fought a bum and maintained his high rank and gotten a title shot at some point next year.

But that is not what happened. both men have decided to face each, PROVE they are the best possible contender rather than talk about it, shout over contracts, locations, TV etc. This is what real fighters do.

Give them some credit...if this was a true boxing forum, the majority of posts on this site would be about this, not some primadonna.

I agree but not with regards to Whyte, he doesnt deserve 3.5 mill, he lost to chisora and his only credible wins were over late notice opponents who were coming off a long stretch of inactivity. Whereas Parker has fought alot of top 10 guys since he was a prospect barely out of his teens & has been one of the most active HW's

Delboy is far more deserving of praise than beetljuice, fought everyone, been robbed several times, never ducks anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      I agree but not with regards to Whyte, he doesnt deserve 3.5 mill, he lost to chisora and his only credible wins were over late notice opponents who were coming off a long stretch of inactivity. Whereas Parker has fought alot of top 10 guys since he was a prospect barely out of his teens & has been one of the most active HW's

Delboy is far more deserving of praise than beetljuice, fought everyone, been robbed several times, never ducks anyone.
      Maybe but Whyte still didn't need to take it really.

Hearn has always been talking about Joshua v Whyte II and seems desperate to find an excuse to make it. Whyte would be in for a big payday if that happened but he is risking it now. I doubt the public would be interested in it if Parker flattens him.

He could've just waited it out, fought some easier fights and either landed an AJ rematch or a mandatory shot against someone.

That said, i'm sure he's getting well paid for it.

Comment

for the most part fighters careers are a lot more exciting after they have a loss. theres no 0 to protect and we see more risky fights. usually when someone has an 0 its cause they havent fought tough opponents consistently

Comment

Been promoted the hell out of. Im drunk, £15 really aint ****. Whyte/Parker or Chisora/Takam is gunna deliver. Gunna be a good night. I remember the complaints of the Brook/Gavin PPV, was an awesome card in the end

Comment

Working...
          X