No announcement yet.

How good is Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Guerrero?

The Ghost is my favourite up and coming fighter today. He's always exciting in the ring and a likeable nice guy outside of it.

I'm a new fan of boxing. I've never had the experience of watching a contender develop into a legend, but for the people who has I've got a question: How good is Robert Guerrero? Do you think he's only good but nothing special, or do you see a potential great or is it too early to tell?

#4 welterweight on my list

Comment

He is much better than I ever thought he was. At first I thought he was just a bragger trying to talk his way into a big money fight with Mayweather and was to small for welterweight and unproven at that weight. He beat two rated welterweights with no problem and showed me he is one of the top welterweights and deserves to fight anyone at that weight.

Comment

B- fighter

Comment

He keeps surprising me. I thought he was decent but nothing special. I also thought he had a lot of assistance from the ref in the Katsidis fight.

But his last couple of fights have been impressive.

And anyone who comes out of Gilroy deserves respect.

Comment

Good enough to pull the upset against Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Up and coming? Guerrero's been around for a while now homie, but as you stated you're new to this sport so you shall get a pass.

As to how good he is, well I would say......pretty good. Not good enough to beat Mayweather good mind you, but he could give everybody else hell at welterweight. Him and Bradley would be a superb fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
                The Ghost is my favourite up and coming fighter today. He's always exciting in the ring and a likeable nice guy outside of it.

I'm a new fan of boxing. I've never had the experience of watching a contender develop into a legend, but for the people who has I've got a question: How good is Robert Guerrero? Do you think he's only good but nothing special, or do you see a potential great or is it too early to tell?
                i'll start by saying welcome to the forums. welcome to boxing.

he might be an up and comer to you, but the ghost has been a world class fighter since his days at 126 and 130.

to answer your question, there's almost no way he becomes an "ATG."

he doesn't have the talent and he certainly won't have the wins. it's just not going to happen.

he'd start need to start to string some really big names out there. if he somehow beats floyd mayweather it will be greatly attributed to floyd being old. that's really the only way robert guerrero would beat floyd mayweather, so it would be appropriate.

he's good / very good. berto was a solid W, considering that the ghost was jumping weight classes with only one real fight at WW, against aydin. but berto is badly flawed. every big fight he's taken he has lost, and he usually gets beat up. he beats the B-C level guys (quintana, collazo, urango, hernandez,) and sometimes he looks spectacular doing it. when he fights above that class he has lost. he really hasn't done much at all in boxing, and is mostly considered to have had his image greatly inflated by HBO and al haymon.

Comment

Guerrero can't be classified as an up-and-comer because he has so much experience. Maybe he's an up-and-comer in terms of how much spotlight he has, but he's been around for a while now. He's a good fighter with multiple dimensions, and he has toughness on top of that.

Comment

Sorry, didn't know up and comer is not an accurate description for him. My English isn't perfect and like I said I'm a boxing n00b.

Originally posted by New England;12913049[B
                    ]i'll start by saying welcome to the forums. welcome to boxing.[/B]

he might be an up and comer to you, but the ghost has been a world class fighter since his days at 126 and 130.

to answer your question, there's almost no way he becomes an "ATG."

he doesn't have the talent and he certainly won't have the wins. it's just not going to happen.

he'd start need to start to string some really big names out there. if he somehow beats floyd mayweather it will be greatly attributed to floyd being old. that's really the only way robert guerrero would beat floyd mayweather, so it would be appropriate.

he's good / very good. berto was a solid W, considering that the ghost was jumping weight classes with only one real fight at WW, against aydin. but berto is badly flawed. every big fight he's taken he has lost, and he usually gets beat up. he beats the B-C level guys (quintana, collazo, urango, hernandez,) and sometimes he looks spectacular doing it. when he fights above that class he has lost. he really hasn't done much at all in boxing, and is mostly considered to have had his image greatly inflated by HBO and al haymon.
                    Thank you for the welcome. This past few years have been a great ride. I enjoy this forum. The members are friendly and knowledgeable and helped me learn about fighters and watch classic bouts.

Floyd is clearly the best fighter right now but you said that if he beats Floyd it would be because of his age. I understand where you're coming from but if so, then who could Guerrero beat to prove himself if the P4P no.1 isn't enough?

Again, sorry for the bad English. Hope you can understand me.

Comment

Working...
                    X