Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narciso Valenzuela & Giorgio Campanella dropping Oscar De La Hoya
    Kevin Lueshing dropping Felix Trinidad
    Segundo Mercado twice dropping Bernard Hopkins

I'm referring to fighters more on a world class level when I say they're average (or perhaps below average). Obviously, looking at the sport as a whole, these guys are well above average.

Comment

Originally posted by Junito-Rulez View Post
      I don't know if Golota was really average. I think his talent was above average and his heart was below average.
      He may have had the talent to be more than average but the final balance sheet on his career shows a lot of unreached potential.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        They are not average. Tarver was a standout amateur who fought on the last great US Olympic team and was an Olympic Bronze medalist before knocking RJ TFO. Also, Hopkins and Chad Dawson are the 2 losses he couldn't avenge. Oh and 11 consecutive years ranked as a Ring top 10 Lt. Heavyweight in the world.

Johnson has been ranked in the Ring top 10 at 175 for 7 consecutive years and is still at #2 at 40+.

This is not average. An average career consists of no longevity in top 10 rankings. Look at boxrec and check how many fighters are in each division write all of those names down and see how many ever make the top 10. Journeymen are average, consistent contenders, former titlist, and especially former Ring, lineal champions are not.
        obviously not average..sorry i meant average compared to the person they put down...Jones was an ATG....Tarver and Glen are not

Comment

Originally posted by Decision View Post
          Still, to fall like Ali did, you'd have to be hit with a punch coming afterward.
          No you don't.

Comment

Kabary Salem and Byron Mitchell dropped Calzaghe

Felix jose hernandez dropped duran (a past it duran)

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
              No you don't.
              Solid argument.

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
              lol.. Calslappy isn't an all-time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post

Felix jose hernandez dropped duran (a past it duran)
                Joe Calzaghe ATG do?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
                  Joe Calzaghe ATG do?
                  Hes top 100 imo,I know their are many who dont agree

Comment

[QUOTE=Decision;8932529]Solid argument.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Chuck_Wepner

http://cpedia.com/wiki?q=Wepner&gues...+Young+defends

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...page=ali&num=9

Wepner kicked the bad habits, the unhealthy life and the sometimes bad associations. [14.2] "Ya got'a 'go ' da distance," he bellows out emotionally, with his own brand of sensitivity and strength. [14.3]

Wepner gives a extremely timely, valuable, educational and entertaining guide to how to go toe to toe with any foe. [14.4] Retains World Heavyweight Title. [14.5] Photos later reveal that Wepner stepped on Ali's foot as he was pulling away from a punch. [14.6]

Let me know if you need another "solid argument"
                    Last edited by Calilloyd; 07-29-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      Wepner kicked the bad habits, the unhealthy life and the sometimes bad associations. [14.2] "Ya got'a 'go ' da distance," he bellows out emotionally, with his own brand of sensitivity and strength. [14.3]

Wepner gives a extremely timely, valuable, educational and entertaining guide to how to go toe to toe with any foe. [14.4] Retains World Heavyweight Title. [14.5] Photos later reveal that Wepner stepped on Ali's foot as he was pulling away from a punch. [14.6]

Let me know if you need another "solid argument"
                      We've already established that he stepped on Ali's foot, genius. But the punch following the incident is what sent him down.

Please, provide a solid argument that it wasn't the punch that finally sent him down but in fact only the foot-stepping.

Comment

Working...
                      X