Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better overall resume: Calzaghe or Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bhop has a better resume, and is overall a better fighter.

Comment

Kessler is the best eva! he beat undefeated sartison. wowie he was undefeated and kessler beat him. now kessler is gonna beat haussler! god you stupid americans don't realize how good these people really are. i pity you. only i know the true power of haussler.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        Kessler is the best eva! he beat undefeated sartison. wowie he was undefeated and kessler beat him. now kessler is gonna beat haussler! god you stupid americans don't realize how good these people really are. i pity you. only i know the true power of haussler.
        Sartison was better than Haussler. Did you see his true super middleweight punching power? He was the only one to rock Kessler and his resume speaks for itself. Sartison will go down similar to Sam Langford, a true legend than will probably never win a title.

Comment

i feel bad for sartison. if he had been around in the jones/toney era he would have dominated. just bad luck he gets stuck with beasts like calzaghe/kessler.

Comment

i voted bernard but only slightly.

one could argue 168 was better than 160 during their reigns. anyone think holmes , allen , joppy , etc. were better than reid , brewer , mitchell , etc.?

while bernard has the more star studded resume. i don't rate tarver highly and while i rate oscar , tito and winky none of those 3 are natural middleweights.

say what you want about bernard , eubank and soon to be roy being all old and past prime BUT at least they're the same size as joe.

i'd seriously doubt that joe couldn't beat those welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              i feel bad for sartison. if he had been around in the jones/toney era he would have dominated. just bad luck he gets stuck with beasts like calzaghe/kessler.
              LOL that's ****ing brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                i voted bernard but only slightly.

one could argue 168 was better than 160 during their reigns. anyone think holmes , allen , joppy , etc. were better than reid , brewer , mitchell , etc.?

while bernard has the more star studded resume. i don't rate tarver highly and while i rate oscar , tito and winky none of those 3 are natural middleweights.

say what you want about bernard , eubank and soon to be roy being all old and past prime BUT at least they're the same size as joe.

i'd seriously doubt that joe couldn't beat those welterweights.
                There is no fact that Calzaghe would beat a young Glen Johnson and Tarver. Trinidad was past his weight class, however he was blowing out middlweights and even had a title which he won against a natural middleweight. He is all of a sudden past his prime when Hopkins beats him? Ok, who did Calzaghe beat that was even as accomplished as Glen Johnson that were in their prime?

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  There is no fact that Calzaghe would beat a young Glen Johnson and Tarver. Trinidad was past his weight class, however he was blowing out middlweights and even had a title which he won against a natural middleweight. He is all of a sudden past his prime when Hopkins beats him? Ok, who did Calzaghe beat that was even as accomplished as Glen Johnson that were in their prime?
                  He never said past his prime he said he isn't a natural middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by ICANTLIE View Post
                    As the brits would say "he took the piss" Thats just hate.

You're right, Calzaghe is a very good fighter but BHop is something he'll never be, GREAT.
                    At least he could have tried. When he was younger he should have moved in with the big guys and conquered his space AND STAY THERE. Why didn't he? No guts is what i say. That never back down attitude? He doesn't have it. It seems like this is common amongst European fighters for some reason, look at Abraham, he had a very good impressive (to me at least) win versus Miranda. Who is he fighting next? Pavlik? Chad? No. He's going back to fighting Mundine who is so badly reped around these parts i won't even bother to look him up. Calzaghe did a similar deal of his career and because of that he never made it. Instead of taking the leverage of a big win in Lacy to prove himself, he backs down. I don't care if that was his handlers, his wife or whatever telling him to take no risks but now he's pretty much set for being remembered as the guy who tried to steal a legacy on two consecutive over 40 year old great fighters or something. And that's the best he can do. The worst case scenario is losing to Jones at this stage, that would bring all the haters (and many fans as usual) to rage against him showing how they really love him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      He never said past his prime he said he isn't a natural middleweight.
                      Your prime is when you are at your best so thats basically saying that hes past his prime. Trinidad was at his best at welterweight but he was still a good fighter at middleweight and was unbeaten up until he fought Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X