Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is HBO trying to help Main Events overturn Tony Weeks decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is HBO (or at least a guy HBO Boxing pays) helping the guy who's active, is more fun to more fans to watch box & has no choice but to fight on HBO instead of the guy who's shown lil loyalty to people in the business of boxing beyond his own team & isn't as fun to watch for more fans? Is that the question? Are we playing dense or are you trying to help the learning disabled NSB members come to a conclusion on this without telling them the answer outright?

But who gives a f#ck is the question I ask? Anyone with eyes saw Kovalev was looking for a way out of the fight. Ward was coming on big. And the punches weren't THAT low. And this fight WON'T be reversed or altered in anyway even if Lampley, Kellerman, RJJ & Merchant did a barbershop quartet singing the merits of DQing Ward or NCing the fight to the NSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Had people over at the house, ALL had Kovalev up, ALL said the punches were low and ALL said the stoppage was bullschit and that boxing is dying because of corruption. These were ALL casual fans too.
      It's scary to think how casuals watching this judged this fight...they'll either be like:

1. **** that stoppage

2. wtf whats with the referee?

3. back to ufc

another smear on boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Why is HBO (or at least a guy HBO Boxing pays) helping the guy who's active, is more fun to more fans to watch box & has no choice but to fight on HBO instead of the guy who's shown lil loyalty to people in the business of boxing beyond his own team & isn't as fun to watch for more fans? Is that the question? Are we playing dense or are you trying to help the learning disabled NSB members come to a conclusion on this without telling them the answer outright?

But who gives a f#ck is the question I ask? Anyone with eyes saw Kovalev was looking for a way out of the fight. Ward was coming on big. And the punches weren't THAT low. And this fight WON'T be reversed or altered in anyway even if Lampley, Kellerman, RJJ & Merchant did a barbershop quartet singing the merits of DQing Ward or NCing the fight to the NSAC.
        Ward is more fun to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Had people over at the house, ALL had Kovalev up, ALL said the punches were low and ALL said the stoppage was bullschit and that boxing is dying because of corruption. These were ALL casual fans too.
          Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          No you didn't. You saw it on your computer, by yourself

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

You must be one of the learning disabled I was mentioning. Was talking about Kovalev being more fun to watch & being down with HBO cuz his promoter sees HBO as the only way to gain success in boxing. Smdh. Need a NSB for dummies subforum up in here.

Comment

Nobody worried about HBO, even casuals fans notice how ridiculous Jim Lampley and Harold Lederman are. HBO is almost out of business now that Arum has packed up and moved to ESPN with Crawford and Loma next fight likely being on ESPN so where the fuk does that leave HBO?

Good Riddance! With ESPN ALLEGEDLY investing more into boxing, HBO is DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

I think he was talking about Kovalev being the MUCH more fun to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  n all fairness to Kathy, she’s upset. It’s her fighter,” Bennett said to USA Today. “I felt we had it right the first time. And I thought Tony did a great job this time. I’ve reviewed the fight this morning. I looked at those punches that were allegedly low, and even spoke to (HBO’s) Tom Hauser, who sent me a video, saying one of those punches was low but it was very hard to determine because Kovalev’s arm was by his waist, and the punch looks like it comes up underneath and hits on the belt line.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nsac-exec....siF1gTE7.dpuf

An HBO employee is sending the Nevada State Commissioner a video and telling him it was a low blow. When did HBO get in the business of trying to influence the outcome of fights? They're supposed to be a neutral party whose job it is to air fights, that's it. Their former employee was also a judge for this fight, Steve Weisfeld. He also had Kovalev up 5-2 going into the 8th.

You already know:

Comment

Bob Bennett is another incompetent yes man anyway so who cares. The imbecile was watching a feed with no sound trying to determine if the Rigo punch came after the bell lol.

Who knows why Hauser got involved, maybe he's got a hard on for Ward?

And speaking of hard ons I'm certain Max Kellerman creamed himself Saturday night. The guy couldn't stop gushing about everything Rigo and Ward did. And Rigo did absolutely nothing until his illegal punches and after the bell KO

Comment

What a shady ass company

Comment

Working...
                      X